HPP Pan Celtic Cup Prem and Div 1

Discuss past and future events
Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Big thanks to all who helped with the running of the event this weekend. I am not going to go into names but you know who you are.

I was pleased to announce Jake's promotion at prize giving, but hadn't studied the points closely enough for the other classes so please let me put the record straight by congratulating Steph Smith and Andy Hamilton on their promotions too.

The race wasn't the same without the Trollope familly and our hearts go out to Ken, Amanda and Tim for the recent loss they have suffered. We are thinking of you.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanks Dave and the rest of the team for taking on the event at short notice (under very unfortunate circumstances) and making it a great event.

I am sure that this is a tribute to the way that Sue had it planned and the way she has passed on her knowledge and encouragement to all in the sport over the years made it an easy transgression, but I am sure we would all have wished that she had still been there. Lets hope that we will still see Ken, Amanda and Tim in the future, our thoughts are with you.

The course on Sunday was well set up and challenging and congratulations to those that achieved promotion, you earned it!

Graeme
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

jake vkc

Post by jake vkc » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:18 pm

well done to everyone who helped run the event, it went very smoothly
alistair moon also got promoted after his flying second run!
well done:D

Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:43 pm

I would like to day a huge thank you to Dave and his team of volunteers who took over the running of the race. The true spirit of slalom was evident at the large numbers of people who offered their help. I am only sorry I couldn't be there, but I thought of everyone often!

I know Sue would have been proud of everyone.