Shepperton div 3/4 - 28th/29th July

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 pm

You remember last year when there was so little water that we had to cancel the div 1. Well, with all the current rain there is a possibility that we may not be able to run the div 4 safely due to too much water. No decisions have been taken as yet but we are watching the river level and talking to the lock keeper.

So please check the chatter boards before travelling just in case!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:03 pm

Shepperton was on 6 gates and 2 side spills this evening. Lovely big waves for those who like such things but not really div 4 territory. Some inventive club members have come up with a course that skirts the edge so should be ok for div 3s, but the jury is still out on div 4s. Keep watching the boards and please pass the message to any div 4s to do the same.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

VivienneM

Post by VivienneM » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:14 am

The course is up weaving up and down both sides, avoiding the main wave and involving a cross well away from the weir.
A decision will be taken tonight and posted on the website regarding the div 4 event, but training opportunities should be good and the div 3 event likely.
Worth a visit with good food and spectacle and great for the intrepid.

VivienneM

Post by VivienneM » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:26 pm

Shepperton is now on 4 gates and the course looks fine for div 4 and Div 3, which will be run in the sides on quite flat water.
Div 2 and above can do different gates 8, 9 and 10 in training and for judges runs involving crossing the wave high up - proper Sheppy style.

sporty dave

Post by sporty dave » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:57 pm

Sounds good, see you there!