Prize for the most entertaining run ? - Should there be

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 13

katonas

Post by katonas » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 pm

Do you think there should be a fun prize for the most entertaining run at each event, at least in the lower divisions ? (I do) Judges could put their heads together and decide on a winner. People could try going backwards, do cartwheels, tricks, or just have a spectacular swim (accidental of course).

JaneS

Post by JaneS » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 am

Would something like this qualify?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD2P4MzUNBY

:D

katonas

Post by katonas » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 am

Absolutely. Video evidence might be essential for this prize, as parental commentary seems to add that bit extra.

I'm struggling to think why someone would say no to this poll. I think a fun attitude is important to attract the playboaters in my club back to slalom.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:00 am

Perhaps it is old fogie organisers worried about people trying fro the most entertaining run, just in front of someone trying for promotion. The first might pull all sorts of moves and take 300 seconds to do the course. . . When do you start the next paddler? - could be aleviated if you are ineligable for the entertainment prize if whistled off. :)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

katonas

Post by katonas » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:47 am

Anyone thinking of having a 'fun' run could always ask for a bit of extra time. Paddlers turning up in a slow playboat would still have something to compete for ; it could be a way of rewarding some poor unfortunate ; a skilful paddler could demonstrate some fancy moves/lines that would normally be slower. Of course I wouldn't bother because I'm trying to get into div1 (it would be good if the paddlers faster than me were tempted though... :D )