Orton Mere 3/4

Discuss past and future events
Kate

Post by Kate » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Like several other events recently we have rather more water than usual for the time of year. At the moment we have the usual side gate open, and the middle gate fully open too!

However, at the moment I am hoping that we will still be able to run the event on 14/15 July - I think I have a plan for how to set up a course suitable for Div 3 & 4 paddlers (using the water at the sides of the main flow, and a bit further downstream than usual), provided the water doesn't get any higher!

The schedule is, as usual, the couse should be up sometime friday afternoon, first runs starting at 12 noon staturday & 11am sunday, free practice both days 'till the start of first runs.

We will take entries on saturday & sunday mornings, but advance entries would be really helpful (emails even as late as friday, & money on the day are fine), as it makes getting the start list sorted much easier!

Watch this space for updates on the water level......

Paul H3

Post by Paul H3 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:04 am

Thanks Kate

Myself and my son along with the usual Green star crowd should be there

Is the gate going to be open Friday evening for camping [well caravaning, gone all posh so the wife comes along]

Paul.

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:15 pm

The gate to the site should be open from about 9am friday.

Kate

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Well, looks like that's the end of my nice whitewater training sessions at Orton Mere :(

But, the good news is that the middle gate on the weir is now closed, and the water is looking like it's returning to normal levels for the time of year, so designing a sensible slalom course for the weekend should be a bit easier :D

It may not take much rain to change the situation again though, so I will post a further update later in the week. Keep watching this space........

Kate

Post by Kate » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Well the water levels have stayed down, and the forecast doesn't look to bad (reasonably sunny & dry infact for Peterborough for the weekend itself), so I hope to see lots of you at Orton Mere this weekend!