Llandysul Div1/2 - Thankyou

Discuss past and future events
djberriman

Post by djberriman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Yes the water was disappointing but that was the only thing imho that was. A very well run race in a great location. It was my first visit and it won't be my last (hopefully).

One reason for the clears on Sunday was simply that people like myself realised that at this particular event due to the water each touch meant a difference of something like 7 to 10 places.

On Saturday I came 43rd (I think), if I had been clean I would have been something like 22nd.

On Sunday I personally vowed to run clean on my first run at the expense (perhaps) of a second or two in time, partly as an interesting comparison, and partly to get a better result.

On Sunday my first run was 1.5 seconds slower than Les Ford who I have been battling with all season as he follows me down the course but clean and I ranked 30th. Having got a clean first run I set myself the target to run 2.5 seconds faster and stay clean. I actually managed to run 2.9 seconds faster meaning I ended up 28th.

Perhaps it taught a lot of people a lesson in forward paddling, boat control, keeping it tight and keeping it clean. Certainly gave me some food for thought.

As a number of people have said there were a couple of options for Div 2 paddlers as well as a couple for Div 1 paddlers.

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:40 pm

Ok Duncan, don't rub it in!!

Generally I'd agree with previous points, it was an easy course, but made the most of the river and was the same for everyone. Water levels will always be a problem on natural rivers, but I'd not like to see us only use artifical sites.

Yes like others, I learnt (or was reminded) that clear runs move you up the results - now I just need to do them!! (oh yes Duncan, it was a clear judges run that pipped you at Sowerby on Saturday)

Les