Big Up for all those at Ski Slope Prem/Div 1 - Thanks! :-)

Discuss past and future events
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 pm

My first time back under Miss Davies's Bridge since 1979 and it was just great! Well, of the 5 runs I made (2 on Sat and 3 on Sun) actually, my first was decidedly shakey and quickly went pear shaped midway, but, hey, 29 years is a long break ok! My 2nd run went great, steady and clean so I was happy with that. Such a pity that both results are totalled or else I would have had one or two of you whippersnappers I reckon!

Sunday was great with an easier, faster course and another clear run was the cream on the cake for me over a brilliant weekend. Many thanks to all responsible and Stuart, the course was great!

I also met some really great, sociable and, lets be honest, seriously talented competitors this weekend. You seem all so much friendlier now than we were in my day (erm....1972 to 1979!) Too many to acknowledge here but from my chats on the water, on the riverbank, in the restaurant and even in the Centre toilets (erm...really...don't ask ok!!) Thanks for making my weekend so enjoyable! Oh! Miss Davies is presently unwell and in hospital right now. Best wishes Miss D. :-)

Vet No.9 :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!