HPP 1/2

Discuss past and future events
davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:42 pm

A provisional start list is up for the race on the 10th and 11th May. Click here for Saturday's start list or click here for Sunday's start list

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu May 01, 2008 9:33 am

You should have my entry dropping through your doorstep soon. Hope you have a good rescue team!

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Thu May 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Good luck Dave, glad I am not doing it this year!!. :p
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm

An updated start list is now available. I shall update it as I go along , until I leave on Friday morning to put the course up.

A4 version - better for reading on screen

Booklet version - saves paper for printing, but you might have to work out how to juggle the pages!

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Tue May 06, 2008 6:31 am

Dave

Is there likely to be any free practice on Saturday or Sunday?

cheers

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Tue May 06, 2008 9:45 am

Loads of free practice on Saturday morning - we aren't planning to start the race until 12.00. There is a slalom sprint on Satuday evening, using the course from the bottom of the pyramid pool to the finish, so while that is running only the first part of the course will be available. Enter the slalom sprint to get some time on the bottom part of the course.

Sunday will be a lot tighter - official practice starts at 9.00.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Thu May 08, 2008 4:56 pm

Please note that the only remaining Judges slots available on Saturday are reserved for judges who are also judging Sunday.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri May 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Thought I should post here and say thanks Dave for ....erm....well.....where shall I start.....a challenging course.......a roll on my practice run at gate 3, a roll on my 1st run a nanosecond above The Office.......oh yes, and a final run upright! hoorah! Blummin heck lad I was thinking it would be a doddle as its a Div 2 as well!!! Top marks to all div 2's who ran that course and more top marks if you finished it! I really enjoyed the day despite my momentary lapses of concentration (of course that was the problem!). Oh yes! Also, I learned a rule that I genuinely was not aware of. Going through a gate then passing back through it again is a 50. Doh! Must try harder! Well run event Dave, thanks.

PS - For the third event this season the one-paddler-only Vet class was not printed out and stuck in the window :-( I am getting really hacked off about this now and the next time it happens I will make a scene and I will write to the BCU to complain :-( I really should not be ommited so you organisers have been warned! :O
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Slow Paddler

Post by Slow Paddler » Fri May 16, 2008 5:40 pm

You are on our results page (Div 1 Vet - I assume)

Results were not done by us & the final copy of results were e-mailed to us after the event. (Very difficult working out which prizes were going to which paddler!)

Ken Trollope

Post by Ken Trollope » Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 pm

why do you need a whole sheet of a4 paper posted in the window when it contains the same data as your card which is already displayed. Every little helps when it comes to saving trees.
If it is not on fire, it might be a software problem.

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Sat May 17, 2008 9:32 pm

Dave

Great day on the Saturday. Sundays course interesting!!! to say the least. Just a general comment to any readers --- if you apply as a judge then ensure you know where you are judging and at what times. On this occassion (and one of the few slaloms i've attended in recent years) - the 1 hour delay was NOT caused by the organisers but by fellow paddlers who couldn't be botherted to get to their positions at the times they were needed. Come on guys it was warm enough for you to spend your hour or so on the side of HPP watching your fellow competitors

Apart from that a great two days of racing. Couldn't next year be made a double 1/2 as this is the second year I've attended (not competed) where the Div 1's have outnumbered the Div 2's on BOTH days. Surely that says something to the organisers.

Bus Driver

Post by Bus Driver » Sun May 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Note for Peter,

Your result was posted along with everybody else, I know this because i remember commenting on it with my team that after your last personal attack on my team members, we would make sure we would print all classes. If you have a problem with my team, ring me, my number is in the year book, if you can do better, then start volunteering to help like the countless others who give freely of thier time to run the sport.

P.S. I am Steve Bright of the exec

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sun May 18, 2008 9:43 pm

Steve. I do not do personal attacks. I simply state facts. My result was not posted in the window and I had to ask for it yet again. It may have been posted after I asked for it but I have no idea as I had to get changed before I saw it appear. I returned to see it when I returned for prizegiving but, by then, the shutter had been pulled down on the window. Why are people here being somewhat disrespectful to me when all I am doing is flagging up that (i) my results are not being printed and posted and (ii) I do not take kindly to being told that I am not worth printing a whole sheet of A4 for!?

As a matter of fact, yes, I could do better when it comes to the simple task of printing out results. I would print them all and, as a consequence, I would be doing the job better. However, whatever I or anyone else thinks I can or cannot do better is quite irrelevent. I simply comment on this point as your unsavoury remark warranted it.

If my comments were unjustified, I would expect some sort of opposition but as they are wholly justified, I do not. FYI, I put a lot of my spare time into coaching the sport and administering an unrelated youthclub. Not that I wish to shout about it, as you seem to, but you seem to be suggesting that I am happy to take and not give and nothing is further from the truth. I reiterate that I will lodge a formal complaint to the BCU the next time my results are not printed and displayed along with everyone elses. I state this only in the hope that by making some sort of noise I will be given exactly the same treatment as everyone else in the competition.

KT, I will tell you why. I like to compare my result with the results of others. If it is posted in the same place this is very straight forward for me to do. Everyones score is on their entry card of course so if saving trees was really a matter of such importance, maybe all competitors should look at their cards and there should be no printouts at all? Really? Of course not, so please refrain from making reference to green issues when, in reality, it is unhelpful to do so.

If anyone here, particularly KT and SB, has a respectfull, reasonable and sensible reason why I should be treated differently in any way concerning the display of results at a slalom, please state it. If you can provide me with this then I will consider it and decide if I am right or wrong to press organisers for my result to be printed and displayed with everyone elses. If not, please refrain from being rather unpleasant here in response to what is a very simple request for fairness. Thankyou.

Bus Driver

Post by Bus Driver » Mon May 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Note 2 for Peter,

I am not prepared to enter into an argument with you or anyone else on a public "chat" site. As i have stated, if you wish to complain about my staff (all volunteers) then ring me, that is one of the reasons my number is in the year book. If you wish to complain about Ken or myself, then ring Anne Hounslow (the "chair" of the exec), if you still feel that we (i.e. the exec) have not dealt with the matter correctly, then by all means complain to the BCU.
All you will achive by making derogatory remarks about people in an open forum is to upset them, as they are all volunteers (as I have said before) they may just "take their collective bats and balls home" and the sport would be hard pushed to replace them (not many people want to help run races these days).

P.S. Just so that you know, the above is not a snipe at you or anyone else, just a statment of fact.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon May 19, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi Steve. I do not wish to enter into any argument either so at least we are singing out of that same book. I do not propose to ever complain about any individual in this regard. I would not know who was involved of course. But to be treated differently is just not welcome and to be told I am not worth a sheet of A4 was particularly unwelcome at Tryweryn. After making some noise here I am hopeful that I will not need to do any complaining at all. But if I do, the information you have passed on here will be helpful to me. This Forum is a brilliant online venue to state your comments and opinions and now we have all done that in this regard, I consider the matter closed :-) I'm sure the rest here will be pleased about that :-)