Stafford & Stone Mini's

Discuss past and future events
Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:02 am

Preparations are well underway and there is just over a week to the 1st event of the season.

Entries taken on the day up to 1015am with free practice up until 11am.

Entry fee will be £6 for the 1st entry then £4 for each subsequent entry / family member regardless of class or boat.

Each class, as in previous years, will have a handicap (except K1 Prem men - sorry guys but someone has to set the benchmark).

We would prefer entries on the day as we don't plan to use the 'standard' entry card, and there will be prizes in each division /class though numbers entering will dictate the number of prizes in each.

So head on over to see how effective your Winter training (or what effects the excesses of Christmas & New Year) has been ??? ??? :D

See you on the 18th

p.s. we've even filled in some of the potholes in the car park :p

p.p.s if enyone wants to let me have entry details then PM me and I can at least make a note of names / class to give our catering team an idea

p.p.p.s Staffs & Stone members can expect to be asked to undertake judging duties during the day - but don't let that put you off as we will try and keep them as short as possible :D

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Has someone come up with a handicap for the new Women's C1 category for 2009? Jacquelyn plans to attend at least one of the Stone Mini's and would love to be in with a chance of winning on the day if the handicap was set favourably enough!!

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 am

Yes there will be a handicap for C1W

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:07 am

Big Up for all those behind the scenes at todays first 2009 Mini Slalom at Stone. Very well run event virtually on time all day and yummy food as well! Wifey says the rice and curry was great and even had a take-home too!

The course saw the introduction of the first UK "single pole" to negotiate. Whilst it is perfectly OK, it has made the discipline easier simply by removing a pole that you might otherwise get a penalty on.

The water level was not as high as last year but was still good enough to set a challenging and very good course with alternate ways of making several gates. "Well done" those who beat me and "na, na, nana, na" to those I beat :-) My run is below if you have about 20 seconds longer than it took the winner to watch it! lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN96Zc1OO8
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

fison

Post by fison » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Minni slalom my #### i would have given up at gate 12 like but spider man the 50 was not may be but early on in the run was a 50 bet you got it clean.

Look liked a good course :D
lets get it on

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm

lol fison :-) You had to be there to judge really lol

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Well with just 8 days to go to round 2 of the Stafford & Stone Minis thought I'd put a reminder out to everyone.

As before, the course will be in situ (hopefully) by 1300 hrs on the Saturday with free practice until 1045am on the Sunday.

Entries will close at 1015hrs on the Sunday and as before we will have our own cards to be used so no need to bring any with you.

We will try and maintain running the event to time as previously
DT

Dadsponser

Post by Dadsponser » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Dadstaxi wrote:Well with just 8 days to go to round 2 of the Stafford & Stone Minis thought I'd put a reminder out to everyone.

As before, the course will be in situ (hopefully) by 1300 hrs on the Saturday with free practice until 1045am on the Sunday.

Entries will close at 1015hrs on the Sunday and as before we will have our own cards to be used so no need to bring any with you.

We will try and maintain running the event to time as previously
DT
Hi

I really enjoyed round 1of the mini slalom this year and i am looking forward to round 2.
Has there been any results posted for round 1 ??

Thanks

Alan

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:36 am

The 2008 results are here http://www.staffordandstonecc.co.uk/results.htm so the 2009 should not be too far away...eventually! Seems S&S are too busy training to update the website lol.

PP

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Apologies for the delay in getting the 1st round of results posted. I am chasing them up.
cheers
DT

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:49 pm

For the impatient among you who wish to see the unofficial result sheet (as pinned on the wall at the event so maybe it is actually an official result anyway) some bright spark took a picture of it and uploaded it here:-

S&S Mini 01 2009 unofficial results here

Pure genius :-)

WhoisThatGuy?

Post by WhoisThatGuy? » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:51 am

Well done to the person that did tht :)
In the immortal words of an art history major: Do ya want fries with that?

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Okay - apologies for getting the results out. Well at least the event ran to time!!! Can't be 100% perfect can we:(

Will try harder with Sundays results to get them out quicker.

Don' t forget course goes up on Saturday 11am so free practice after its is constructed until 1045 ish (entries close 1015hrs) Sunday.

At the moment the river has plenty of water in it - similar level to the 1st round.

Se you all at the weekend
DT

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Well thats the second one out of the way and results published :D

Don't forget the third and final mini will be on Sunday 22nd Feb ... hopefully the weather will be a little warmer

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm

A contigent of six from VKC attended the Mini 2 at Stone yesterday and we had a great time! Many thanks to all concerned (although wifey gave me orders to return home with some of the curry she enjoyed at mini 1 and there was none to be had!) :-(

I wish to say a personal big THANKYOU to Phil Gooding who, having heard my boat had be stolen, greeted me with "Hello Peter. Do you want to borrow my boat?" Of course I snatched his hand off! What a great bloke and what a great community with several of the paddlers there expressing sadness at the theft and hoping it soon turned up (it did when I was on the way home but check the correct thread here for an update on that!). VKC had a pretty good event and it was well worth the trek in the snow!

I wish to record that I reckon VKC has a rough diamond in its midst so look out you K1W out there. We have a young novice (16) who I am trying to get into the slalom scene. If our Annie takes it seriously, I think she could go all the way! Put it this way, if she had hit just 2 gates instead of three....she would have won! Watch this space!

I see from the post above that the results have been posted but I have also done the same as I did last time already so the "unofficial" results as posted on the wall at the event are here:-

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/809/ss0902vm1.jpg

PP