Loddon - Slalom Motion - Bucket Upgrade

Discuss past and future events
Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi
Hopefully you've all finished your dinner.

Winchester & District Canoe Club is running Loddon Slalom (2/3rd May) this year and the question has been raised by some of the entrants whether we will be getting some Portaloos in for the event.
I understand that there was a different arrangement last year.
Clearly it is a possibility to get Portaloos but this is likely to increase the cost of parking or camping or even both, albeit slightly. It depends how flush you all are?

Basically at the moment we have nothing to go on but I'm told proper loos will appeal to the fairer sex.

Therefore, if anyone would like to drop their comments into the bowl of consideration. I'll happily squidge through them to ascertain whether the motion should pass.

I'll need to order soon though to make it run smoothly

I'm punned out

Comments?

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Very dry!!

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Slapdash Sal

Post by Slapdash Sal » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Enlighten me further - Especially since my 2 have entered -
What's the alternative to portaloos? A hole in the ground?
Just mentioned it to my 14 year old daughter and you should see her face: " What, a hole in the ground!! " These youngsters just haven't lived!
Personally I was quite happy using the toilet in the tent at Yalding but there were very few camping.

Lovely subject Neil! What else would we expect from you!
We have had a similar dilemma at Proteus for this year and have opted for portaloos.

Slapdash Sal

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm told it was a chemical toilet behind a curtain. I think the curtain might be the back up in case the andrex moist runs out

Another alternative would be to do what the bears do. Sleep for the winter, gorge yourself senseless then turn the woods into a quagmire. Sounds like my life in oh so many ways if you substitute the word woods for bathroom.

I'm getting the feeling that the slight cost increase would be accepted for a bit of comfortable contemplation.

MikeH

Post by MikeH » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 pm

And Lo, the motion has been passed, Loddon will be blessed with portaloos.

MikeH

Post by MikeH » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm

It's a done deal, they'll be three portaloos at Loddon this year

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 pm

One for number 1's
One for number 2's

and it follows

One for number 3's (make up your own answer here)

MikeH

Post by MikeH » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Just a reminder not to miss the excitement of Loddon - now with 3 ( yes THREE) Portaloos :cool:

jke

Post by jke » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Slapdash Sal wrote:Enlighten me further - Especially since my 2 have entered -
What's the alternative to portaloos? A hole in the ground?
Just mentioned it to my 14 year old daughter and you should see her face: " What, a hole in the ground!! " These youngsters just haven't lived!
Personally I was quite happy using the toilet in the tent at Yalding but there were very few camping.

Lovely subject Neil! What else would we expect from you!
We have had a similar dilemma at Proteus for this year and have opted for portaloos.

Slapdash Sal

The alternative is a toilet tent - a bucket and seat inside a small, er, tent. We used toilet tents at Langham Farm before we had “proper” toilets. The challenge wasn’t using the toilet tent but emptying the buckets into a large pit when they were full. This task was usually allocated to any teenagers who had not volunteered for anything else.
John Kent