Proteus slalom - Division 3/4

Discuss past and future events
Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon May 03, 2010 8:34 pm

As CP has been silenced by a broken laptop and KK has been silenced by a lost log-in it falls to me as the 3rd loudest member of Proteus to remind you all that the first Orton Mere slalom is almost upon us...

The event is a division 3/4 and is running on the 22/ 23 May.

There will be camping on site.

However, due to the Council thinking that public toilets are an expense too far there will only be access to portaloos. Also, if you are camping please try to bring water. The club will try and have some on hand but as it can't be refilled it may not last long.

See you all there :-)

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed May 05, 2010 10:42 am

Oooh... looks like I will need another C2 partner, I seem to have gone OTT on sending entry cards (yes, CP will happily take advance entries) and have not found enough victims! Anyone fancy a paddle round let me know :D

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 am

Will there be chocolate brownies?

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Blimey, Colin Silenced! Now there's a first :p
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Oooh... will have to check on the chocolate brownie situation...Yum, yum :D

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 pm

But my PC is coming back soon. . . . . (sent from work so have to be short)

Cakes for prizes have been ordered, need to talk to Kate about her wonderful choclate rocky road gooey wonderful things, at selection she indicated that if it is not hot she will be bringing some down.

Water levels are currently almost too good, the top wave will be for the safety boat, with the course further down river, :D but the river can drop. . . .

Entries so far : Munchkin C1, Munchkin & Kate, Munchkin and Paul. But NO ONE is safe from a munchkin C2 entry, even I have been caught before. Hoping for some more entries - all welcome.

There has been a rumour of Mr Munchkin in C2 entry, as long as there is a spot for 'on the water' phone calls. (ask him if you want explanation), still hoping for some Kayak/C1 entries

:)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

PaulBolton

Post by PaulBolton » Wed May 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi Colin,

Joe and I will be there on the Saturday for judging. I also hear rumours that Joe and Jonathan will be celebrating their new shiny K1 Div 2 status with a C2 vignette to amaze and awe us!!

Cheers,

Paul

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

I knew that Colin wouldn't be silenced for long :cool:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Mr Munchkin

Post by Mr Munchkin » Tue May 18, 2010 8:43 am

Having just checked the weather for Saturday - sunny intervals and 24°C... :cool: it's time to bump up a reminder me thinks!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu May 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Sunny? Promise? Can I actually put away my cag and wear a rash top for the first time this year???

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Thu May 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Was Matlock not sunny enough for you? I thought I did quite well considering my past record! See ya there!
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Well the course is up, the sun is out and its hot. DO not know about wearing rash tops, there were bikinis in evidence today and blokes topless! NOT me though

There was even a report of a rare sighting of a CP in a kayak, on a slalom course. The poor boat looked shocked!

Anyway a nice flowing course, camping by the weir, lots of prizes as normal (edible, and useable) and wonderwife in the canteen! How can you resist!

:D

The only health warning is that the local council closed the toilet block, so it is portaloos and please bring water as the tap was in the same block. :(
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

jake vkc

Post by jake vkc » Fri May 21, 2010 8:04 pm

what time does it start tomorow?? am i going to get a nice lie in?

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Nice and sunny at Matlock, coupled with a tropical shower, me like! But would like even more heat so I can get used to it before my holiday :-)

Jake, the last I heard was registration at 10ish for a 12ish start... So yup, a lie in :-)

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat May 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Nearly, we want to get people on the way home sooner, so start at 11 Sunday. Sorry Jake less of a lie in, but you are on teh start sheet, just need a card.

Today seemed to go well, Munchkin seemed to be 50% of the C2 class, but the youngsters seemed to enjoy themselves, and as always the cakes etc were not refused at prize giving!

Hope my impressions were not wwrong, and you all had a good time