Harefield Div 3/4 Double - fast approaching

Discuss past and future events
Carlr

Post by Carlr » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Well its nearly that time of year again for the Harefield Div 3/4 slalom over the weekend of 7th 8th August, The course will be up by early evening on the Friday for those that want to practise. We have the usual field for camping and parking opposite the slalom course behind the Public house (Coy Carp). Camping will be £5 per vehicle for the weekend and parking will be £1 per day for those not camping. There will be porta loos in the campsite and hopefully a cold water tap (to be confirmed). We will be provisionally looking at starting 1st runs from 11am on Saturday and 10:30am on Sunday. We will be taking entries on the day upto 10:30am on the Saturday and 10:00am Sunday, we are normally inundated with late entries on the day so please help us by going to control as early as possible each morning or email me all your details so i can put on start list (see calendar for email address). We will also be holding the annual open Team event after the main event on the Saturday so all can enter and have some fun. Please be aware that there is to be no car parking in the Coy Carp car park all competitors to park in camp site field donated for the weekend by the Clancydocwra Group. There will also be refreshments on site too. Hope to see as many of you at this event as we have over the past couple of years.

Ta Carl

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:29 pm

With the M25 widening roadworks still in progress expect some delays. So if you are coming and entering on Saturday please allow plenty of time!

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Well with less than a week to go now we are getting there! there is still time to send in your entries and we will be accepting entries on the day till 10:30 Sat and 10:00 Sunday although it would help if those wanting to enter on the day could email me there info to make life a bit easier each morning. As i am still receiving entries i will post a program later in the week.

Carl

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm coming!

Can I have a judges entry please and would love to do a team run! I'm sure I can sort that out on the day!

Nicky

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi Nicky,

You were already on the start list!!! When are you down and is any one else coming down from up there with you?

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 am

Can you put me down for a judges run on the Saturday too (C1W). Will bring an entry card with me

:)

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Only a couple of days to go so if you havent sent your entry in yet its not to late, we will be taking entries on the day as well. Due to the nature of entries mostly being late at the moment i have put together a provisional timetable for the weekend which has been sent to Nick so will hopefully be up on the website soon.

Carl

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Carlr wrote:Due to the nature of entries mostly being late at the moment i have put together a provisional timetable for the weekend which has been sent to Nick so will hopefully be up on the website soon.

Carl

I feel for you Carl,

its a knighmare trying to organise a race if you don't know how many people are gonna come!

I remember the good old days when if you didn't get your entry in with 2 weeks to go the event was already full!

From now on I shall endeavour to get all my entries in on time! :D

Come on folks get your enrties in!

Have a good weekend!
(ps i'm not coming as i'm gonna get smashed up playing polo in veurne sorry!)

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Well the course is up and the paddlers are arriving so heres to a good weekends racing for all, hopefully the sun will be out again for us again to make it a perfect weekend.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:33 am

Well done guys, Sunday was fab. You did a great job with the weather (I have a rosey nosey!), the event ran to time, everyone was smiling and I even had time to go home, paint the bathroom, eat a roast dinner and go to my club's pool session. Perfect!!!

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 am

I thought it was great too. Nice to be home early. Well done

Munchkin - ho wcome you didn't have time to pop round mine and do all those outstanding jobs

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:49 am

A big thanks to all those that attended at the weekend to make it a success, shame we didnt have as many entries as in previous years but made a change to be all cleared up and home early!! Results have been sent to Nick and will be up soon (Nick maybe away at moment) so please be patient.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 am

Fub Duck - because Mr Munchkin was paying me with yummy chocolate brownies :D

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 pm

He told me that in the early days he used to tape one in a zip lock bag on the bow of your boat as a reward - it obviously worked