Shepperton Double Div 1/2 - 5th and 6th March

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi Everyone.
The start of the new ranking season is fast approaching and with it comes the Double Div 1/2 slalom. Thanks to everyone who has got their entries in so far.

If you want to check that I have received your entries then goto: Entries (Last Update 2 Mar)

You can find general information at General Information

and the Provisional Start Times (same both days) at Provisional Start Times
If you are not on the Provisional Start Times then you will have to pay a late entry fee.

I will update the entries list on a regular basis, but not the start list!
It is highly likely that start list times will be amended and I will post a revised start list closer to the event once I have late entries in and we know how the water is running.

If I have given you a sex change, new name or knocked years off your age etc. then sorry! and do let me know.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 pm

As at 22 Feb, the weir was on 3 central main gates and 2 side spills. This is a good level for the div 1/2 and creates some nice waves.

For those that have never been to Sheppy. The weir can have anything from 0 gates to 10 gates and 2 side spills, at which point it is very fast and furious. So the current levels are big enough but not too massive.

We don't have many nasty obstructions so whilst the water is a bit different and you may find it a challenge, it is a comparatively safe (albeit cold) place to find yourself unintentionally swimming and boat damage is fairly rare. Having said that it is still a risky business and as a non-paddler I think you are all a little barmy :D

For spectators, you can see most of the course from most locations along the bank, so you don't have to be fit to keep up with juniors progress down the course.

Any general questions post them here and we'll see if we can get them answered for you!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Any entries arriving after 22nd Feb will incur a late entry fee.

No entries will be accepted after Wednesday 2nd March.

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Update list Monday 21st Feb

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Previous Posts updated to keep all information together

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 am

In dire need of more judges. Could anyone help please,

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi Dee,

I'm happy to do a stint judging the div 1s/C1s/C2s/Ladies, just as long as I'm relieved in good time for my own div 2 runs. Only there on Saturday though.

James Hastings
K1M Div 2 Bib 66

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks that is great

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Please note:

I will not accept email entries. Only entries on an official card will be accepted.

No ranking entries will be accepted after Wednesday.

Late fees are payable.

Thank you

John Stoner

Post by John Stoner » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Anybody practicing Friday pm that woud like company? I'm by myself and need somebody to keep an eye on me!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Please could someone ask the following to get in touch with me urgently:

Thanks

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 pm

I've had a few queries about when you can practice at Shepperton.

As long as you can provide your own safety or team up with others – you can paddle any time you like at your own risk! The course has started going up and hopefully will be completed on Tuesday. However , gates will be adjusted on Saturday morning to suit any changes in water levels.

If you are not familiar with Shepperton, then it is wise to stay away from the extreme ends on the weir, which can have significant tow backs under some conditions, and any obvious fixed obstructions eg barges, landing stage. For the most part though the rest will mostly either be flat or have waves and boils that wash through.

StephC

Post by StephC » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 am

hi dee, it says that you have recieved my entry but by the 'RTC' it has £GS by it. What does this mean? i sent my entry off with a cheque so i am a little confused by this. Thanks:D

jsrevell

Post by jsrevell » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 am

As we are travelling down for the weekend I'm not sure what time we will arrive.
What time will you be on the water?

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 am

£ we owe you money
GS We need your parent or guardian signature on the card before you get on the water
OS We need you to sign your own card
££ You owe us money (usually the late entry fee!)