Washburn div 2

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Washburn div 2

Post by Dee » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:02 am

Is this likely to run or is there a significant risk of the water levels being too high? Does anyone up North know as yet?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

lesf

Re: Washburn div 2

Post by lesf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Dee

The release has been confirmed by Yorkshire Water so the event is on.

Parts of the pennines had 2 inches of rain yesterday but river levels are droping this morning and while the forecast through the week is for more rain, its not the prolonged torrential rain we had over the last 24hrs.

If there is any change I'll post again.

Les

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:32 pm

OK Thanks

I was remembering that time that we got a phone call to tell us that div 1 was cancelled as we turned off the motorway (after 5.5 hrs of driving). There was a release but the water was too high to paddle under the bridge I think. Spent a nice day sight-seeing on Saturday though :P

Will you find me a nice dry seat in control on Saturday?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Is there a provisional start list available yet - cannot find a link on the canoeslalom page :?: