Grandtully 6th 7th April

Discuss past and future events
PeterC

Grandtully 6th 7th April

Post by PeterC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Well you all seem to be getting entries in promptly this year - Thanks. It looks as though we may have one great race to equal if not beat that which we managed last year. I aim to accept all entries up to and including this coming weekend and will publish on the web site a provisional start list early next week. I hope that we can accommodate everyone that wants to come and paddle with us however if entries continue coming in at the current rate we may have to consider that position next week.

I have been getting mail with no postage on and getting upset with having to pay £1.50 for the 'pleasure' of spam mail so am not now accepting letters with no postage, you may therefore eventually get your entries back from Royal Mail if you are one of these. I normally get several with no stamps on every year but not this year!

We are doing the Pan Celtic Teams on the Saturday after the Individual races. I aim to make a few slots, time permitting for other composite teams to race as well but no entries after racing starts on the day.

Peter

PeterC

Re: Grandtully 6th 7th April

Post by PeterC » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 am

First the good news. We are having some sunshine and although start this last weekend did send out for his mankini (thankfully he never got it on!) it is still very cold although a couple of degrees warmer. It is dropping below freezing at night but there is a possibility we will just make double figures over the weekend. The roads are quite clear and there is no snow in the campsite.

We are going to run our Ceilidh again on Saturday evening and have dropped the price to £3 for growed ups and £2 for tiddlers.

We are now expecting a very full weekends racing so if anyone is thinking about late entries they would be wise to be in touch ASAP as we have very little space left!!!

Thank you to everyone who has stepped forward to volunteer and help this weekend, we could not do it without you.

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:26 pm

We are full to bursting point so unless you have been promoted in the last few days there are no race slots left. I would though still welcome judges as we are monumentally short of these particularly on Saturday and we may yet have to invoke the rule that allows us to use paddlers to judge. Late entries will I am afraid in the event that we have to do this be the first target.

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks to Peter and all the team for a great weekend, with some varied weather. Sarah has nearly defrosted after her judging stints.

Les

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Thank you to all the volunteers who enjoyed truly Baltic conditions including the Sunday snow on the riverbank for hours on end as we dispatched a wonderfully large entry down stream. Thank you to all the competitors and those who made the trek to get them there. The competition was intense at times but seemed to be with a wonderful sense of camaraderie.

Scotland just managed to do enough to keep the Pan Celtic Highander trophy in its homeland but only by resorting to look back for class wins. Scotland gained the maximum 65 points as did England but had one more (14 as opposed to 13) class wins. Wales and the All Ireland teams also had very creditable performances with 41 and 42 points respectively. Well done for the effort all made.

We still have one unclaimed ring and accumulated several pairs of glasses, hopefully all found their way home.

Thank you all for the donations for parking we nearly covered our costs so will do it again should we be persuaded to run it again and thank you for not clogging up the village with cars, this is we hope appreciated by the residents.

Results have been sent to be posted on the web site however if anyone is desperate before they are available I can prvide them electronically.

We hope you will come back but in the meantime if there is anything we can do better please let us know.

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 pm

I still have a ring which was found at Tully in the showers at Station Yard.

Anyone who can describe it properly to me can be reunited with it.