Peterborough Jewel of the Eas t- THIS WEEKEND

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Peterborough Jewel of the Eas t- THIS WEEKEND

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:11 am

Yes Folks it's THAT time again'
the slalom season is drawing to an end, days are getting shorter, and nights are drawing in. Just the time to think about either trying that slalom thing, or winter training.

SO. . . it's shameless publicity time from CP :D

Sundays November 17 and December 15

See the return of the one day Proteus Winter Slaloms. With a course designed with beginners in mind, But with options for those who know what they are doing to shave a second or two. We have had verbal entries from all levels so far, absolute beginners through to senior British team members.
Come along and try the sport and talk to premier paddlers, they are human (despite the rumours) and will encourage you and offer advice.
We have prizes in most age groups/divisions and run to normal rules, with one exception. If you fall in accidentally you can have a FREE hot drink.
We put the course up on Saturday (from 10 am if anyone wants to help) so it is open for practice whenever you want to turn up. We aim to drag ourselves from nice warm beds and be there from 9am, with control open about 10:30, and first runs at 'the crack of noon'.

Those of you that know me, know that I am as interested in your money as in you having a good time. (OK, so they are the same, have a good time and you will come back, and enter AGAIN :wink: .) Entry fees have been frozen again so remain at an unbelievably good value £3 for juniors div 4 and below, £4 for adults div 4 and below, and £5 for those ranked in division 3 or above. AND there is a discount of £1 per boat for second and third entries.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Re: Peterborough Jewel of the Eas t- THIS WEEKEND

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Not sure if you have been contacted, but there is a group of about 9 intending to turn up from Cambridge and borrow boats to compete. Might have an impact on catering too :D
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Mrs C P Paddler

Post by Mrs C P Paddler » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Stick your finger in the air and pluck out a number!! I have no idea how many to cater for so as usual, going to take a wild guess.

Head Chef for Proteus Winter Slaloms
(currently soup making)

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 am

Mmmm, homemade soup. Think I'll come too. See you Sunday. :D
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Well that is the event over, results posted on Facebook, and sent to Nick for posting on his return from holiday. Thanks to all of you who made the trip.

Hope you all enjoyed it, and will be back for the next event Sunday December 15th once again chocolates, cakes, and 'er indoors is talking about a different home made soup! (Looking forward to the trials!) :D

technical - course erection from 9am on Saturday, practice from course up, entries from about 9:30 on Sunday.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

harratts

Post by harratts » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:21 am

Hi Colin,

Where have the results been posted on Facebook as I can't seem to find them on anything related to Proteus Canoe Club?

Cheers,
Steve

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Steve,

posted on the event page. I have invited you to join the event page for the second slalom. You may be able to find the page searching for "Orton Mere Winter Slalom No.1 - Proteus CC"

I have added to my page as well, just so they can be seen.

See you in December

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Yes Folks it is THIS weekend for the event of the season.

Course erection from 9 am on Saturday, or if you are really keen, I believe there is a Shepperton event then.

The real deal, the big event is on Sunday, practice from as soon as you get there, prizes in all divisions, and most age groups. Yes a permanent reminder AND something edible. Home made cakes, home made soup. what more could you want?

Hope to see you all there :shock:

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Well the course is up, the wind and rain is supposed to stop overnight, the soup is made and smells good, the prize cakes are ready.

All we need is YOU!! So see you tomorrow! :D

Canadian Paddler

Re: Peterborough Jewel of the East- THIS WEEKEND

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:46 pm

So that is the event over for another ryear.

Thanks to all who helped,

Hoe you all enjoyed yourselves.

Results sent to Proteus Web site, Nick for slalom UK, and posted to my facebook pictures (Colin Woodgate) and to the event page.