CE Slalom Summary Sheet

Discuss past and future events
jke

CE Slalom Summary Sheet

Post by jke » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Is someone able to advise me how to complete the CE Slalom Summary Sheet? On the MC Discount tab what is the difference between Number of Multiclass Entries / Discount Given (£3 each) and Number of Multiclass Entries / Refund Claimed (at £1.50 each)? Noting First Entries must be Div 3 or Div 2 to claim discount refund.

Or am I just being thick and they are both the same.

So what then happens about Div 4s where I've given a discount, unless they just don't get listed because no fees are payable.

Jim is still at Langham Farm so not contactable by phone or email but I've driven down there twice today already so hope somebody else can enlighten me.
John Kent

Canadian Paddler

Re: CE Slalom Summary Sheet

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am

My belief is that the sheet serves a double purpose
The first (discount given) is for club use, helping to balance the number of boats on the water against the entries taken. It therefore includes div 4 entries as you have less entry money.
The second is the second is a control sheet to reconcile the discounts claimed against the admin fee. As there is no admin fee for division 4, division 4 doubles are excluded from this calculation.

So if you give 3 discounts and div 3, and 4 at div 4, the first row is 7, the second 3.

This leaves open the question of where do you record the discount for a person paddling div 3 kayak and div 4 C1. I used to claim half a refund, but perhaps I am too honest. :shock:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

jke

Re: CE Slalom Summary Sheet

Post by jke » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks CP I can follow that. I've only done div 4 before so had no need to bother with MCD.
John Kent