McConkey Prem/1

Discuss past and future events
pcm

McConkey Prem/1

Post by pcm » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:33 am

Just been reading the event info for the McConkey, and there is a note which says C2's and C1W won't be allowed to race on the Sunday "to gain increased points".

However as a C2 crew that will only be able to make it to the race on the Sunday, we now won't be able to race at all.

Wondering whether this is even allowed under the rules, to only allow certain classes within a division to race?

BaldockBabe

Re: McConkey Prem/1

Post by BaldockBabe » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:18 pm

I believe the issue was that a C1W or C2 crew could enter in the Prem on the Sat knowing that they were unlikely to get through to the finals on the Sunday so could then enter as Div 1 on the Sunday. That crew/ boat could then get more points for the weekend than a crew/ boat that got through to the Prem finals but didn't do so well. This was discussed at an ACM if I recal correctly.

If you are not entering on the Saturday it is worth contacting the organisers directly (their email is on the main page) to see if you can enter as just a Div 1.

Neil H

Re: McConkey Prem/1

Post by Neil H » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 pm

I hadn't read that info but just guessed you could not enter both so entered Saturday but can't see why you couldn't enter one race as it is P/1 division