Washburn P/2/Pan-Celtic/Eng Champs/Inter-regions (18&19 July

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Washburn P/2/Pan-Celtic/Eng Champs/Inter-regions (18&19 July

Post by lesf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi All

I have been getting entries and queries about entry fees for the Washburn event on 18/19 July.

On Saturday this is a Prem race, plus the Pan Celtic teams.
On Sunday we have a Div 2 race running alongside the Pan-Celtic Cup, The English Inter-regionals and the English Championships.

Saturday Fees
Normal Prem entry fees apply

Sunday Fees
Div 2 - normal fees apply
Pan Celtic - fees covered via home nations
English Champs & Inter-regionals - £10 per boat

To clarify on Sunday you only pay one fee per boat - for example:
- if you are in Div 2 you pay a Div 2 fee (if you are English this will also cover entry into the English Champs and Inter-regionals as relevant)
- if you are not in Div 2 and competing in the Inter-regionals or English Championships (or both) you pay £10
- if you are in a Pan-Celtic team fees come via your home nations team manager - but you need to send cards to me! (plus if you are English this will cover your entry in the English Champs and /or your Inter-regional entry)

If you want to enter as a judge I'll be eternally grateful!!!

If in doubt, please put a note in with your entry stating what you are entering.

I am on with answering queries and checking entries received so far so you'll hear from shortly with answers or issues with entries. Once I have enough entries to make it worthwhile I will publish and provide updates on those received.

Thanks

Les Ford

lesf

Re: Washburn P/2/Pan-Celtic/Eng Champs/Inter-regions (18&19

Post by lesf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:30 pm

To add to the above:

Paddle ups - if you are entering as a paddle up, the host division has priority and I can only confirm paddle up places 2 weeks before the event

Double entries - you can't enter as a double event as there is only one Prem event and one Div 2 event over the weekend

Thanks

Les

pcm

Post by pcm » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:23 am

Which course will the events be held on?

We were under the assumption that the Prem would be held on the weir and the div 2 would be on the top section, however have now heard different things from different people, so please could you clarify?

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:18 pm

All the events are to be held on the top section.

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi

Yes, Baldock Babe is correct, we are running both days on the top section

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi

I've pulled together a list of entries received to date for this event - see https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0sgx0tx2d0ah ... d.pdf?dl=0

Saturday (Prem race) is almost half full - plus there is a large stack of 'Paddle Ups' pending (to be confirmed after 3rd July). Also I am about a the limit of judges entries I can accommodate, as I need to try and fit in PCC teams too!

Sunday (Div 2, Pan Celtic and English Champs) - is pretty much full, and as I am receiving a handful of entries each day I expect it to be full in the next few days.

If you are not on here and think you should be email me (lesford@ntlworld.com)

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Update 22/6/15

Sunday's event (Div 2 / Pan Celtic / English Champs / Inter-regionals) is now full - actually it is slightly over full but to be fair i have accepted all the entries I received up to an including the weekend.
Any further entries i receive will be added to a waiting list and accepted in order of receipt if there are any drop outs.
I will get an updated list of entries received up later this week and try to maintain list of those on the waiting list.
To be clear if you want to be on the waiting list you need to send me your entry cards and fee not an email

Saturday's Prem race is currently only half full - prem's please note I have a lengthy list of paddle up's pending, so get you entries in to secure your place.

I know those that don't get a place will be disappointed, but I have limited water time to get everyone down the river! (less water than we have for the imminent Div 1 race).

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Update 6/7/15

I have just sent provisional start lists and event information off to Nick, so these will be up in the next day or so (thanks Nick)

Saturday - Those 'Paddle Up' entries I have received have been accepted and I have about 25 spaces left for the Prem race. Please send cards/fee to secure a place - as I am getting entries everyday, I am not holding spaces for emailed entries. However, I have no more spaces for judges runs. (I don't have the water time to fit any more in!)

Sunday - is still full with a growing waiting list.

A note re bib's - paddle up paddlers please use your divisional bib on Saturday. For Sunday, we'll provide bibs for all Pan Celtic and English Champs paddlers, and judges (ie anyone who isn't div 2).

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi

I'm aware that there's an error on prem K1M bib no's on saturday's start list (the bibs dont match the relevant paddler) - I've sorted my working version

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Waiting list updated as of 13 July
The following are on my waiting list for Sunday (in this order). If and when a space becomes available I'll contact you:

Sam Burrows - 2 C1M
Jack Burrows - 2 C1M
Daisy Cooil - EC C1W
Siobhan Butler - 2 K1W
Ifan Bryant - 2 K1M
James Gibbons - EC K1M
Ryan Quinn - 2 K1M
Arian Edwards - PCC K1W
Izzy Bushrod - PCC K1W

lesf

Post by lesf » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:47 pm

I have had a number of withdrawals and additional entries (for Saturday) so have spent the evening updating the start list, re-allocating spaces to those on the waiting list and updating the waiting list (yes it was the paperwork that first attracted me to the sport!)

An updated waiting list is above. Updated start lists are on the way to Nick and I'm sure will be online in due course tomorrow.

If anyone else is planning to withdraw please let me know asap so I can offer your place back out to people on the waiting list.

With coaching and course building I'm unlikely to me able to answer email queries after Thursday lunchtime.

Finally anyone judging on Saturday is able to assist with doing demo runs that would be great - please can you email me so I can put you in touch with John Sturgess who is co-ordinating this (please put Washburn demo runs in the subject line to help me out!)

Fingers crossed for some nice Washburn weather and no midges!

Cheers

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Another update of the waiting list (updated as of 16 July, 7:30pm)
The following are still on my waiting list for Sunday (in this order). If and when a space becomes available I'll contact you:

Siobhan Butler - 2 K1W
Ifan Bryant - 2 K1M
James Gibbons - EC K1M
Ryan Quinn - 2 K1M
Arian Edwards - PCC K1W
Izzy Bushrod - PCC K1W
Reilly Vernon - 2 K1M

Those that have moved from the waiting list to the start list should have an email notifying them.
Last edited by lesf on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Yet another update of the waiting list (up to date as of 16 July, 5:50pm)
The following are still on my waiting list for Sunday (in this order). If and when a space becomes available I'll contact you:

Arian Edwards - PCC K1W
Izzy Bushrod - PCC K1W
Reilly Vernon - 2 K1M
Daniel Ischebeck - 2 K1M
James Gibbons - EC K1M

Those that have moved from the waiting list to the start list should have an email notifying them.