Under 23 / Junior Selection Lee Valley

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Under 23 / Junior Selection Lee Valley

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:24 pm

It seems that the Calendar was published before Proof reading was completed.

Dave Spencer is the organiser for the above race, and he is on holiday.
Colin Woodgate (yes, me) will be taking entries. But as I am organising a family funeral will not do anything until after that. So nothing will happen until after 22nd January

The entry fees for the event will be £35 for one day, £50 for two days. The same as for British Open last year, for the same reason.

As the race is a normal Prem (albeit being used as U23 and Junior Selection), paddle up entries will be accepted - if there is space. The new rules about priorities will apply.

For this race, an entry is not accepted until the entry fee has been paid, email entries do not get priority until the entry fee has been received.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Re: Under 23 / Junior Selection Lee Valley

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Still getting a volume of e-mails, so:

No, I have not moved. My address is as per yearbook, 121... PE7 2BD (do not worry about house name)

No, emailing that you want to enter / have posted an entry or any such will not get you a place any earlier. An entry is counted when I have the correct money. That will be the date recorded as having your entry and the priority used if we end up oversubscribed.

Normal service will be resumed after the funeral, until then, please bear with any stroppy tone / delayed responses
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Ooops double post
Last edited by Dee on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Canadian Paddler wrote:Still getting a volume of e-mails, so: ....

No, emailing that you want to enter / have posted an entry or any such will not get you a place any earlier. An entry is counted when I have the correct money. That will be the date recorded as having your entry and the priority used if we end up oversubscribed.....
Glad it's not just me
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

harratts

Post by harratts » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi Colin & Dee,

How have people been able to send anyone entries for 2016 slalom events?

Has the calendar been finalised and published somewhere that I have not yet seen or have yearbooks been distributed and mine has not arrived yet?

Without such information being available then it is difficult to know who to send the entries to even for the more established events.

Steve

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Steve

Am I misunderstanding? Or is the information you want not in the usual place down the left-hand side of the front page of the website?

harratts

Post by harratts » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi John.

Yes it is and thanks for pointing it out.

Every time I have checked recently it had not been there with a note from Nick saying please do not chase as it will be published when released.

When I don't check, there it is.

Steve

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm guessing it went up Friday night/Saturday morning judging by the sudden flurry of activity in my in box

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Ok lets try and see if this works. I am recording the entries in a spreadsheet, and have produced a pdf on dropbox.

Apparently you can access this via this link http://bit.ly/LVWWC-Apr-16 This link should work for every time I update the list, saving me having to keep poisting here / sending out files. :P

The date column shows the date I received your entry (with money). Obviously paddle ups are not guaranteed a place until the priority deadline.

edited by colin 14 Jan

stevepearson

Post by stevepearson » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Looks like the link works - thanks :)

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Link is working :-)

Thank you very much Colin this is great !

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:18 pm

I have had several emails as the acknowledgement from registering for selection says to mark your entry card with 'selection'
This is not needed.
Premier events run 'cardless' so the cards will not be used to record scores. Will not be used for analysis. So writing selection makes no difference.

To be entered you need to have sent in entry information and the correct entry fee. The easiest way to send in the information is on a card.

And you need to have registered on Ken's site.

Two seperate actions. Two seperate lists.

Please do not email me asking if you need to send in more cards. Look at the posting at the top of the thread, and excuse me if I am a bit abrupt if you get a response.
CP
Ps organisers handbook says to cash cheques the week before the event. Cheques dated the day of the event or even the Sunday of the event increase the organisers workloads. Please do not do this to others taking entries.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:08 am

Today we got to 50% full.

Just a reminder, you do not get a date for your entry being received until I have cheques for the full, enhanced, entry fee. So if your name is in grey italics on the link http://bit.ly/LVWWC-Apr-16, you are not even in the queue if the event becomes full.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:10 am

Quick reminder of dates for this event:
Friday 11 March - Priority Entry Deadline. Premier paddlers only have priority for entries up to this date. Saturday 12th onwards it is forst come first entered
Friday 25th March - Entries received after this date are liable to a late entry fee

Entries are only considered complete when full entry fee and entry details are received.

There is no officials event at Lee Valley - the water costs are too high. We still have some places available for forerunners, if you are interested please email dave spencer or Colin Woodgate or PM me. But remember we are limited to two forerunners per class, and you have to be available to demonstrate teh course on Friday. The current schedule is course set on Friday at 18:00, with demos at 18:30.

harratts

Post by harratts » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:12 am

Good Luck to everyone racing at the Tully Div. 1 events this weekend.

Can anyone advise me when the demo runs for next weekends Prem. & Selection races at Lee Valley will be taking place?

Sometimes they have been on the morning of the actual races but other times on the evening of the day before each race.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Steve