Shepperton Div 1/2 - 5th/6th March 2016

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Re: Shepperton Div 1/2 - 5th/6th March 2016

Post by Dee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:11 pm

For those intending to cancel......
I will give refunds to those to who inform me by Saturday this week.
After that there will be no refunds though those on the waiting list would no doubt appreciate you informing me!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Please note that if you turn up without your ranking bib you will be required to either show proof of BCU/SCA/WCA/CANI membership or join on the spot or wave goodbye to your run.

Sadly this will also apply to those doing judges runs.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Nick Taylor

Post by Nick Taylor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

I'm playing with Twitter to see if it is a useful way to spread news & updates during a competition.
Most people have a phone & reception is ok at many slalom sites.
Viking tried it last year with modest results & we will use it again.

I'm thinking this could be really useful to tell each other where there are parking spaces this weekend

If you're heading to Shepperton this weekend take a look https://twitter.com/search?q=%23sheppertonslalom
I think you can see this without having a Twitter account

Over the weekend I'll try to share updates about parking etc with anyone who is following

If you know what I'm talking about please join in with Likes, Retweets, your own Tweets etc #SheppertonSlalom

If have something to share but you're shy or this is all gobbledegook mail me on nick.taylor1@gmail.com
Or chat to Div2K1M bib 93. I'll be the one shivering & hitting poles

You can see me here https://twitter.com/NickATaylor

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat May 07, 2016 6:36 pm

I know it's a couple of months on but this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16ONox ... ture=share has just been posted on youtube. Mostly ladies with yellow bibs doing (or attempting) the cross.

PS - Anyone thinking of coming to the 3/4; don't panic, that big water has gone now.

harratts

Post by harratts » Sun May 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Nice video. Better late than never.

Go Sally Atkinson and Erin Turner.