Shepperton Div 1/2 - 5th/6th March 2016

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Shepperton Div 1/2 - 5th/6th March 2016

Post by Dee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Please note that whilst I very much look forward to you attending the slalom, I will not accept any entries by email. I'd therefore rather that you do not send me an email to tell me that you are sending in your entry as you'll just swamp my in box :shock: ! Also please do not email me to see if I have received your entry; check on line - see below

Entries must either be on entry cards and accompanied by a cheque
OR via the online system

You can enter and pay on line and see which entries I have received (and accepted) at https://www.canoeslalomentries.co.uk. If you are not on the list then I have not received your entries yet.

The enhanced online entry will be a small fee to cover transaction costs and will be 2.2% of your entry fee + 20p for the transaction (ie if you are entering K1 and C1 at the same time you will only pay the extra 20p once). Eg
  • Double div 1 basic fee is £31, on line entries will pay £31.89
  • If you are entering the Double Div 2 you will pay £17.58 as opposed to £17
  • If you are submitting entries for the double div 1 and the double div 2 at the same time you will pay £49.27 (as opposed to £48 by post)
The enhanced fee does not apply to postal entries, though you will have to send a properly completed card with a cheque and put a stamp on the envelope :).

See you in March
Dee
Last edited by Dee on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

CeeBee

Re: Shepperton Div 1/2 - 5th/6th March 2016

Post by CeeBee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Good to see an online system being trialled. Will other events be able to use this too?

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:46 pm

We are designing it with the explicit intention of making it useable for multiple events, in such a way that the paddler can enter multiple events in one visit and then the system will send out the money appropriately.

The interface for Shepperton will be quite basic though, as time is against us!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:21 pm

please could Reilly Vernon (or parents) contact me.

Thanks

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:36 am

We are almost 2/3 full, so don't delay, book on line (or check I've received your entry) at

https://www.canoeslalomentries.co.uk

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Please note. Internet Explorer users seem to be having problems with the booking system :( .

For now, please just try a different browser - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge are all fine. :)

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Today's postal entries uploaded :)

Please do not email me asking if I have received your entries, you will not get a nice reply!

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:11 pm

I urgently need to hear from the following paddlers (or their parents):

I you know them please ask them to contact me!
Last edited by Dee on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am

Today's postal crop is now showing on-line. If you are not on the list then I haven't got your entry, please do not email me to check!

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:53 pm

A basic interface is all that is needed so long as it does the job. Thanks for doing this - it is a lot of work behind the scenes so well done for taking this on.

How are you doing the signature for the 'assumed risks box'?

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm not. All paddlers are required to have a bib and sign for assumed risks as part of that so I don't believe we need it again this is my main reason for not allowing on line bookings from div 4s

One option going forwards would be a check box online though

Niciss

Post by Niciss » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:30 pm

My children's school only accepts online payments for everything and they use a tick box for consent, as you need to be over 18 to pay assume it'd be ok

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 am

The event is now full.

You can, however, go online to be added to the waiting list. You will not be asked to pay until a slot becomes available.

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Just thinking, and you probably have already had these thoughts....

Presumably you are still using entry cards for results (which is where the signature goes), are you printing them for online entries or do they need to hand them in to control on the day?
If printed you could possibly allow time for people to go to control and sign their cards before racing, if handed in, it is covered.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:41 pm

JimW wrote:Just thinking, and you probably have already had these thoughts....

Presumably you are still using entry cards for results (which is where the signature goes), are you printing them for online entries or do they need to hand them in to control on the day?
If printed you could possibly allow time for people to go to control and sign their cards before racing, if handed in, it is covered.
Hi Jim
Because it is a div 1/2 we have the timing team and will run cardless, so no cards needed on the day.
The only reason for insisting on cards with postal entries is that it is the only way of being remotely sure that paddlers provide the correct info (and even then it puzzles me as to why so many are unable to look up their own bib number).

Going forwards for lower divisions, we will need to print, but we're still developing in the background so this is on hold.
I think in any case the printing functionality might be better carried out from within Simply Slalom, but haven't discussed this with Ken yet. (Printing consistently from internet browsers can be tricky)