Washburn Division 1 16th/17th July 2016

Discuss past and future events
the_c1_fish

Washburn Division 1 16th/17th July 2016

Post by the_c1_fish » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:38 pm

I will be publishing the stat list very soon for the Washburn Division 1 as the event is now full. No paddle ups have been accepted.

I will say now that all water timings and class order are subject to change.

If you are not on the start list but think you should be then please contact me on samuel.hotchin@gmail.com

Also feel free to email me with offers to gate judge or do some safety cover.

Also if you have only entered for a single day then you wont show up on the published start list. Please email me to double check I've received your entry but if I have already been in contact with you then you don't need to do this.
Hmmmm what's that do?

harratts

Re: Washburn Division 1 16th/17th July 2016

Post by harratts » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi Sam,

This weekend of Div.1 Wasburn races that you are the organiser for really are popular as they were last year. It must mean that you and the team in Yorkshire Slalom put on great events!

Now that you are Full and have already started a waiting list could you please confirm what would happen in regard to any Div.2 paddler who gained promotion between now and your event?

This could perhaps be from the slightly earlier Div.2 events at Washurn or even be from the Howsham Weir event taking place the previous weekend to your races.

I seem to recall this situation happening last year and would be eager to know what the actual ruling you were given was.

See you soon.
Steve

the_c1_fish

Post by the_c1_fish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi Steve,

I actually had bets on how long it would be until someone asked this question.

I will have to double check the wording of the rules in the yearbook but I will give my provisional understanding.
There is a general rumour about newly promoted paddlers automatically being accepted into an event. Now I'm not sure if this is an actual rule as I have never seen it in the rule book but I know it's widely accepted among paddler and organisers.

Last year I agreed to accept any promoted paddlers promoted before The Washburn but after the Previous Division 1 event. So if I were to apply this again to this year it would mean that any paddler promoted at the following event would then be accepted at the Washburn Division 1 as a newly promoted paddler;

June 18th/19th
Ironbridge Division 2
June 25th/26th
Washburn Division 2
July 9th/10th
Howsham Weir Division 2/3/4

I will however not confirm this until I have received a ruling on it as we have very limited water time at the washburn and may not be able to award entries to these promoted paddlers.
Hmmmm what's that do?

the_c1_fish

Post by the_c1_fish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:18 pm

The rule regarding newly promoted paddlers is below

UK C11.3 Late entries will not be accepted except
(a) from newly-promoted Competitors whose promotion has not occurred more than two weeks before the event.

However when the Event Limit is actually reached the organiser does not need to accept any more entries.

UKC12.2 The Organiser must accept all entries which are correctly made and received by the closing date unless the published limit for the event has been reached.

It is down to the organisers discretion to accept entries past the published limit however with very tight water times it is unlikely this will happen.

UKC12.3.1 .... Where the entry limit is reached, the Organiser may allocate spare places created by scratched entries, but only to those Competitors whose entries had been received before the closing date for entries, but after the limit had been reached.

I have a feeling this may start a new discussion about the rule so I think it may be best to move it to a new thread.
Hmmmm what's that do?

rose

Post by rose » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi I sent by entry as soon as was promoted at the last div 2 as washburn, have not heard anything? Have seen the start list, but can not find the waiting list!!!!

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Keep your fingers crossed Rose - I count 12 entries on that start list who have all been promoted, hopefully it is not very up to date!

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 pm

An updated list of entries received will be available shortly. Start times will be confirmed once we have water release times confirmed by Yorkshire Water.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:05 pm

the C1_fish is partially correct

The rule he quotes relating to accepting recent promotees relates to alte entry fees. If you are recently promoted, you do not have to pay late entry.

But on the next page (from memory) entries are not allowed to be accepted over the competition limit except to make a class quorate.

So strictly there is no ability for a recent promotee to enter a full event. Which seems fair. If you are promoted two weeks before an event, is it really equitable that you can enter a race that was full for a month, bit someone promoted three weeks before cannot?
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

the_c1_fish

Post by the_c1_fish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 pm

A new updated start list has just been sent off to be uploaded to the slalom website so should be on there soon. If any of your details are incorrect please contact me before the race as it will save a lot of people a lot of time.

Also if you were one of the many people who sent me your entries in January your cheque may of expired by the time we get to cash the cheques as we don't cash any cheques until after the races. YOu can bring a new cheque to hand to me on the day but please contact me in advance (samuel.hotchin@gmail.com)
[b][u][color=#FF0000][size=150] and as ... r][/u][/b]

SH.
Hmmmm what's that do?