Thanks to all the volunteers

Discuss past and future events
mally

Thanks to all the volunteers

Post by mally » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Now that another season is over, I wanted to say a big thanks to all the gate judges, timing people, organisers, committee members and helpers who have contributed to the year's events. :D
I think it's too easy for paddlers to take for granted the work that it takes to put on a slalom, and forget what a benefit it is to have a strong, regular domestic competition. Sure, people will always find something to complain about, and not every event runs like clockwork, but Britain is the envy of many other parts of the world. When I was paddling in Australia we were lucky to get 3 - 4 decent local races in a year. And these generally involved travelling 600 miles each way or taking a flight. So to have the chance to race 10 to 12 times is fantastic. Please keep up the great work and know that your efforts are appreciated.

CeeBee

Re: Thanks to all the volunteers

Post by CeeBee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 pm

I like you!

There are a lot of positives about our sport and there are a lot of great people who give up a lot of time to not only help run events but also nurture and develop the sports youngsters into adults the sport can be proud of.

Yes, the sport is not perfect but next time you hear someone grumble about judging, ask them if they will volunteer and help improve it.