Tully Prem April 1,2 and Pan Celtic

Discuss past and future events
RobM

Tully Prem April 1,2 and Pan Celtic

Post by RobM » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks to Dee and Shepperton, Online entry is now open.

Tully Prem – April 1/2

Entries must either be on entry cards and accompanied by a cheque OR via the online system. As per the threads each are treated equally.

You can enter and pay on line and see which entries I have received (and accepted) at https://www.canoeslalomentries.co.uk. If you are not on the list then I have not received your entries yet.

Div 1’s go on the waiting list until 3rd March, and after that the enable entry button will be released to allow payment to be made. Waiting list is in order of entry received.

When entering Pan Celtic, please either mark your card or if entering online, email me at tullyprem@fearnmacpherson.com

The enhanced online entry will be a small fee to cover transaction costs and will be 2.2% of your entry fee + 20p for the transaction (ie if you are entering K1 and C1 at the same time you will only pay the extra 20p once). Eg
• Double Prem basic fee is £31, online entries will pay £31.88
• Single Prem fee is £19.25, online entries will pay £19.87
The enhanced fee does not apply to postal entries, though you will have to send a properly completed card with a cheque and put a stamp on the envelope.

Here we go!!!
Rob

Dee

Re: Tully Prem April 1,2 and Pan Celtic

Post by Dee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Apologies, but the 2.2% + 20p was for last year. :oops:

Unfortunately, we had to increase it this year (to 2.2% + 45p) in order to cover additional costs that we get charged for linking to multiple external bank accounts; obviously a necessity with more than one club using the system!

The transaction fee is still based on entry fees. For a double prem (or div 1) it comes out at £1.14, for a single prem its 88p. Less for lower divisions with cheaper entry.

Hopefully this is still bearable in return for not have the hassle of cards, postage (and postal strikes). Apologies to anyone that has been misled
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

RobM

Post by RobM » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:27 am

Thanks Dee

For clarity
online entries cost £32.14 for double and £20.13 for single.
link is https://www.canoeslalomentries.co.uk

postal entries cost £31.00 for double and £19.25 for single.
address is
Rob Macpherson
Breadalbane Canoe Club
c/o Strathlea
Taybridge Terrace
ABERFELDY
Perthshire
PH15 2BS

email for queries but NOT entries is
tullyprem@fearnmacpherson.com

RobM

Post by RobM » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 am

That's Tully Prem half full today with Prem entries.
Rob

RobM

Post by RobM » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:13 am

Tully Prem is now full for Sunday (Pan Celtic) and 3 spaces available on Saturday (Super Cup), with the release of the waiting list today.
If you have received an email saying a space is available for you and you were on the waiting list, you have 5 days to pay and confirm your entry, or it will be removed and given to another paddler.
All those on the waiting list up till midnight gained an entry and a paddle up.

If you started but did not complete an entry, the race is now full and you will now go on the end of the waiting list and only should a space become available, will you be able to enter.
If you have not entered yet and you are Pan Celtic, the race is now full for the Sunday and similarly entry will only be available should a space become available. You should let your team manager know.

Many thanks
Rob

RobM

Post by RobM » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:38 pm

There are now a couple of spaces available on either day due to drop outs. If you would like to take these up, please use the online entry system. Late entry fees kick in, in a weeks time, no refunds and no more entries a week after that.
It has just been confirmed that the SuperCup Final will be filmed by the Adventure Show and screened later in the year on BBC2.
Tim Baillie will commentate etc.
Rob

RobM

Post by RobM » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 pm

The draft start list is published. Please note that second qualification times will be different to that published, as the first 7 or each category (except C2, vets and officials) will qualify for the Super Cup Final from their first qualification runs. Amended second times will be published a soon as possible on the day.

The Adventure show have confirmed that they will be filming the Super Cup Final for broadcast on BBC2 (Scotland) later in the year. Along with land based cameras they will be filming by drone (weather permitting). This will be 50m above structures or competitors with take off/landing from the North bank and therefore unlikely to be a distraction. No filming of spectators or residents will take place.
Should competitors not wish to be filmed, please report to control with your bib number and category or email tullyprem@fearnmacpherson.com in advance.

Many thanks

Rob

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Just in case all the Prem paddlers were too stressed to notice, as a non-ranking participant I'd just like to say I thoroughly enjoyed the event, from my nervous demo runs, sitting in the eddy on safety cover during a fierce hailstrom wishing I'd changed into my drysuit, sitting in the eddy doing safety cover in my drysuit in the sunshine wishing I hadn't put it on, to my final run in shorty cag on Sunday afternoon where I not only made all the gates but completed the Prem course in a faster time than I managed at the div 2 in August. And of course watching how the best paddlers in the country tackled the courses. I felt my own paddling improve massively over the weekend, presumably from watching others more than actually paddling.

Thanks to Breadalbane CC and all the other volunteers who made the event possible.

Now if SCOTS can just arrange a little more sunshine and a little less hail for this weekend.... or at least change the hail for snow because it hurts less. :D

Jim

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am

Hello Rob.

My son and I really enjoyed both days of the event you organised for us all last weekend.

I wonder if it would be possible to get a more complete set of results for the Saturday race?

Those currently published only show either the second run time or the Final's run time of all the competitors apart from the Officials class who do have both of there run times shown?

Hope that this is possible and will not put you to too much trouble to do if it is.

Jasper