Tees Barrage Prem /1 -14/15 October

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Tees Barrage Prem /1 -14/15 October

Post by lesf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Please note this event is subject to an enhanced entry fee as in previous years (it is the only way we can make it viable)

The entry fee is £25 each day (paddling up doesn't make it a double!)
Please date cheques no earlier than 1st June 2017

Div 1's looking to paddle ups please send a separate cheque for each day to make it simpler if we can't accept your entry (as it is also the Pan Celtic we may not have room!)

Pan Celtic entries, please mark your country on your card

Finally make sure you send entries to the right person as this has changed from last year

Les
Last edited by lesf on Tue May 09, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paddlerparent

Re: Tees Barrage Prem /1 -14/15 October

Post by paddlerparent » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Would anyone happen to know when the pan celtic team lists will be issued/communicated?

JimW

Post by JimW » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Not sure if each nation follows the same time plan, but for Scotland the closing date for registration is 31 Jan and Elaine is aiming to have the list published by the middle of Feb.

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:45 pm

I have sent a provisional England PCC Team List to Nick Penfold today for the website

If you want something specific you could e-mail me on ECSTCoach@jsturgess.freeserve.co.uk

John

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:57 am

I'll be at Llandysul Div1 and both Grandtully races if any anyone wants to let me have entries for Tees Barrage. (DIv1 K1M bib 17, Silver camper FX62FXP)

Still loads of spaces both days - I'll get a entries received list up after Tully to reassure those early birds that I have their entry.

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Entries received updated below

At this stage I'll not be updating this too regularly (monthly at most).
Last edited by lesf on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue May 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Just to clarify, we are taking entries already for Tees Barrage - I spoke to some one at the weekend who thought that we weren't taking entries until after 1st June.

I do want cheques to be dated on/after 1st June so they are still in date when we back them around the time of the event. Also please send a separate cheque for Paddle Up entries (in case they are not accepted).
If your are also in the Pan Celtic please mark your nation on the card.

Currently Saturday's Prem in just under 1/3 full, but with a fairly long waiting list for paddle up entries, and a reasonably long list for judges runs.
On Sunday the Div 1 is a bit under 1/2 full with a handful of people on the judging and waiting lists.
I'll update the 'entries received' list towards the end of the month.

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue May 16, 2017 10:10 am

Again I'm only going to update this monthly at the moment
Last edited by lesf on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu May 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Yesterday I received an envelope with nothing in it, which looked like the end of the envelope had been split. I'd hate someone to be thinking they have entered when I've not got it. So if you have sent an entry this week (the envelope was postmarked 'North West Midlands' dated 23/5/17) and it is not on the above list it may be yours - please email me - lesford@ntlworld.com (and I'll email a photo of the handwriting on the envelope to confirm if it's yours, and so I can rule you out if your entry does arrive over the weekend).

Again I'm only going to update this monthly at the moment (only done it now to try and identify who the empty envelope belongs to)
Last edited by lesf on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Always worth writing slalom entry or something similar on your envelope, cards and payments (esp if a few in one evelope, or using thick cards) are pretty much exactly the same shape as a cheque book (mine is just about 5mm longer), this happens too regularly to be concidental.

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am

Tees Barrage Prem / One:
Please note both Saturday's Prem race and Sunday's Div 1 races are now Full - any further entries will be added to a waiting list and contacted if there are any withdrawls.

For an updated List of Entries Received (as of 26th Sept) see - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2fs7g3bvs098 ... 7.pdf?dl=0
If you are not able to race either day please get in touch as early as possible to free up your place.

Tees Barrage Safety Forms:

Important: Before getting on the water, ALL paddlers must have completed the centre's Medical Consent and Risk Declaration Form AND must sign in at the centre each day that they are paddling.

Please note - Tees Barrage have changed their Safety Forms so most people paddling at the event will need to complete and return a new form (even me!)

Important: Before getting on the water, ALL paddlers must have completed the centre's Medical Consent and Risk Declaration Form AND must sign in at the centre each day that they are paddling.

The centre changed their forms in April 2017, so if you have not completed a from since then you must complete and return a new form as follows:
1. Download and complete the centre’s Medical Consent and Risk Declaration Forms - see [b]https://tbiwwc.com/wp-content/upload ... 17.pdf[/b]

2. Return these to TBIWWC before the event. The address is on the bottom of the forms. Mark the envelope Tees Barrage Slalom Safety Forms.

This must be done before you get on the water at the event. The start list will be cross checked with the centre’s record of paddlers and anyone not completing the required information risks disqualification!

To make life easier for everyone (you, us and the centre) please complete your paperwork in advance of the weekend and sign in when you arrive each day.

Thanks

Les

lesf

Post by lesf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi

After taking out those promoted at Llandysul, I have a few spaces available at the Div 1 race on Sunday if anyone is interested - email me asap if you want to race. I am also short of judges for Sunday if any one can help out (or volunteer for any other role over the weekend).

I still have no spaces available for Saturday though (either judges runs, race runs or demo runs), but again would welcome help from any volunteers that are up for the weekend.

Thanks

Les

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 pm

lesf wrote:I still have no spaces available for Saturday though (either judges runs, race runs or demo runs), but again would welcome help from any volunteers that are up for the weekend.
The forecast is 'Scorchio' for the next few days so I'm not going to find a river trip for saturday - feel free to add me to your list of volunteers.