Symonds Yat Slalom

Discuss past and future events
frognrose

Symonds Yat Slalom

Post by frognrose » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 pm

The South West Slalom group held its first slalom event Div 2 and 3 at Symonds Yat April 1st and 2nd, risky business if you think it was really flooded just over a week before. So a big thank you to the South West coaches and their respective clubs, Dave Potts Cheltenham, Tony Chalk Stroud Valley and Mitch Mitchell Wye Dean for all their hard work and thanks also to Bideford, Frome and in particular The Merrifields who all helped to make it a great weekend. Alison Longhurst offered her experience and expertise and despite a big rise in water levels on sunday and very fast moving water everybody had a great time. Many parents said that their children really enjoyed the challenge so despite the 50's and the swims most paddlers felt pleased to have met the challenge on water which would have also been great for Div 1 even a prem course ! A Big Thank You to the overall chief Rob knight and all the backroom boys and girls,( dedicated parents) without them no slalom could run. Photos of the event have been posted by Jules Clode on "'flicker'"they are amazeing.

davebrads

Re: Symonds Yat Slalom

Post by davebrads » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Yes, a fabulous event in a gorgeous setting. I am sure that it isn't the easiest of events to organise so thank you very much for the efforts of everyone. We are already planning to return in October.

I've not been able to find the pictures, can you post a link?

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:45 pm

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Sorry John, but I'm getting a 404 not found page with that link, can you try again?

Alison

Post by Alison » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 pm