2018 Calendar

Discuss past and future events
Seedy Paddler

2018 Calendar

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 am

Is it possible to have the Div 1/Prem Event calendar published in Draft form so that Organisers of lower ranked events can try to work out suitable weekends. We often rely on the experience and knowledge of the better Div 1/Prem paddlers to ensure the success of a lower event so avoiding clashes is important.

Regards

Craig D

Patrick O'Hara

Re: 2018 Calendar

Post by Patrick O'Hara » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:52 am

Viking also really need this information in order to submit our 2018 slaloms, our organising team have children who paddle in Div 1 and so will not be able to run a slalom at Cardington on a weekend where a Div 1 is also running. A clash with a Div 1 event is the main reason why we had to withdraw our Duck Mill event this year. Surely this information is available given it had to be submitted by the 1st May.

Patrick

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 am

When the Prem and Div 1's have all sent in their dates then yes!!!

The late announcement of the Junior selection impacted on applications made by other clubs who have had to go away and reconsider when they wanted their events - they are now coming back to me.

Those that have had the courtesy to contact me directly by email rather than post on a public forum have been kept updated and where possible have been sent the calendar to date.

There are already quite a few applications for 2/3/4 events on the calendar.

Patrick O'Hara

Post by Patrick O'Hara » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 am

I'm extremely sorry if you found my post discourteous, it was definitely not meant to be. I added to the post that was already here as I felt it was information that would be valuable to all and thought that more efficient than lots of people emailing and hence requiring multiple answers to the same question. My sincere apologies for any offence caused, none was meant, my excuse is I'm new to organising, still recovering from this years June Cardington and building strength ready for the September event. You will have an email from me in your inbox very shortly.

Patrick