GRANDTULLY DIV 1 AUGUST 2018

Discuss past and future events
Kelso

GRANDTULLY DIV 1 AUGUST 2018

Post by Kelso » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:11 pm

A number of people have been under the impression we might cancel this event due to low water level.

August Bank Holiday Grandtully Slalom has never been cancelled due to water level since it was first held before my time which started about 196x...

I simply forgot to tell Andrew Thompson (who is taking over as event organiser) to post a chat line here.

GRANDTULLY DIV 1 SLALOM AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND IS ON.

See you all there again... Kelso Riddell

Kelso

Re: GRANDTULLY DIV 1 AUGUST 2018

Post by Kelso » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:41 am

GRANDTULLY DIV 1 SLALOM AUGUST
UNOFFICIAL PRACTICE - FULL RUNS ONLY POLICY

On Friday the rapid will be closed to competitors about mid-day to allow the course to be set.
A Notice will be posted on the Slalom Control Building with exact times.

Once the water is declared open again, we will insist on complete run practice only, to prevent crowding in certain areas of the course, which happened last year.

The same policy will apply on Saturday evening when the course has been set for Sunday.

We ask that all competitors and coaches respect this policy.

Be aware that the organisers will only provide safety cover on the course during Official Practice and racing runs, i.e. when there is a Starter on the course.

adt

Re: GRANDTULLY DIV 1 AUGUST 2018

Post by adt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Forth Canoe Club would like to thank all Officials and volunteers that helped make this event happen.

Its not always fun to sit on the river bank for 1 1/2 hours in the rain, so thanks to all that helped out from setting up the course through to judging and safety stints.

Andrew Thomson
Forth Canoe Club.