Cardington 2/3/4 Slalom September 1st & 2nd 2018

Discuss past and future events
Nick Taylor

Cardington 2/3/4 Slalom September 1st & 2nd 2018

Post by Nick Taylor » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

Late entry deadline has been pushed back to midnight on Monday next week so you have the whole weekend to enter before paying late fees :D

Usual Cardington things on offer:
  • Camping right next to the course :)
  • World Famous Restaurant (ok, catering tent) :lol:
  • Slightly awkward parking restrictions :oops:
Download the info pack here https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8q3hjlmh4mbf ... .docx?dl=0
Get updates on water levels, course opening times etc on Twitter https://twitter.com/VikingKayakClub

Or search #VikingSlalom

JoS

Re: Cardington 2/3/4 Slalom September 1st & 2nd 2018

Post by JoS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Ooh please do put the signs on the roundabouts in the business park, I get lost every year like a dork! (Are they usually there? Am I just being dopey?)

Patrick O'Hara

Post by Patrick O'Hara » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:28 pm

We do normally put signs up, will try and make sure they are in the best possible position. Keep a look out for yellow boards which from memory have "VKC Slalom" on them. If the signs fail, once you have entered the business park go straight across the first roundabout and them take the next left.

Patrick O'Hara

Post by Patrick O'Hara » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:02 pm

The September Cardington 2/3/4 is now full, please do not travel expecting to enter on the day unless this has been agreed in advance.

Patrick

Patrick O'Hara

Post by Patrick O'Hara » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm

There is now a waiting list for people who would like to paddle at Cardington so if you have entered and are not now able to attend please let me know so someone else has the opportunity to paddle.

Its going to be a busy weekend as not only do we have a full event but there is also a major running event taking place in the park that is expected to attract around 9000 people. Bearing this in mind please be extra vigilant with your kit and if you are thinking of eating at the Beefeater on the other side of the lake I'd suggest you book in advance and walk rather than drive to it. It will also help the event run smoothly if you can ensure cars are moved in line with the instructions in the Info Pack and be at the start pool in good time for your runs.

Patrick