Washburn Div 2 Cancelled

Discuss past and future events
lesf

Washburn Div 2 Cancelled

Post by lesf » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Unfortunately due to the ongoing dry summer Yorkshire Water are not able to provide water releases for the Washburn Div 2 races on 15/16 Sept. The rain we have had in July has still been less than the monthly average, and has not been sufficient to increase reservoir levels.

A note will be going on the website shortly and we'll be email all those that have already entered. Hopefully by cancelling early we can give paddlers more chance to make alternative arrangements for other races that weekend.

And hopefully we'll have better luck with Washburn releases next year.

Les

Dee

Re: Washburn Div 2 Cancelled

Post by Dee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 am

I think it is fair to say that Washburn is not having a lot if luck this year :cry:

However, there is a div 2 at Lee Valley the same weekend. It will be interesting to see whether the cancellation of Washburn has an impact on entries at LV
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Dee wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 am
However, there is a div 2 at Lee Valley the same weekend. It will be interesting to see whether the cancellation of Washburn has an impact on entries at LV
Yes, those of us who were planning to do both might pull out instead of driving an 800 mile round trip for a single day of racing... :roll:

(don't worry, I am looking into other plans so it is still worth my trip :idea: , although it all relies on my latest little injury clearing up quickly, which I'm sure it will - annoyingly I just had to cancel my Tully PU and Oban sea kayak race entry and will not now be entering the WWR open next weekend :( )

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm slightly puzzled how you were intending to do both Washburn (Sat and Sun) and Lee Valley (Sun only) when Washburn is up North and LV is, well, South for most kayakers.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

James Hastings

Post by James Hastings » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:35 pm

I think Jim was intending to do the Saturday at the Washburn and Sunday at Lee Valley, while I was intending to do a 500 mile round trip from London to do the Washburn! Aren't slalomers strange? I'm now booked in for Lee Valley.

Cheers,
James

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Yes that was my plan. Seemed like a shame to miss a day of Washburn racing but I still haven't been to LV yet so I decided to do both.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:33 pm

James Hastings wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:35 pm
I think Jim was intending to do the Saturday at the Washburn and Sunday at Lee Valley, while I was intending to do a 500 mile round trip from London to do the Washburn! Aren't slalomers strange? I'm now booked in for Lee Valley.

Cheers,
James
Yes :mrgreen: