Dart Div 2/3 and Open 27th and 28th October

Discuss past and future events
RobK

Dart Div 2/3 and Open 27th and 28th October

Post by RobK » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:52 am

The South West Canoe Slalom Group is delighted to be able to bring slalom back to the River Dart after a long gap.

Come and join us for the last race of the season in the stunning Dart Country Park.

We hope to re-establish this event as an annual fixture and need paddlers to support us. So whether you are chasing promotion points or want to finish the season with a bang come and join us. As well as being a Div 2/3 it's also an Open so open to all. It's half term for many and Dartmoor has a lot to offer and is on the way to the Devon coast.

Full event info will be published next to the event listing as soon as Nick is back from hols. You can enter now on-line on UK Slalom.

Any queries post here.

Happy paddling

SWCSC

JimW

Re: Dart Div 2/3 and Open 27th and 28th October

Post by JimW » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:25 pm

I spoke to Ali last weekend - I am doing everything I can not to need to come to the Dart (because it is so far away from me, I always liked the river) but I'm running out of opportunities to get promoted so may need to.
I'll make a decision when I see how things pan out at the Nene next weekend, I am on the waiting list for a couple of PUs but not likely to do enough PUpping anyway.
Unfortunately I can't do Symonds Yat (well I could withdraw my officials and PU entries but I'd rather do Tees), and Shepperton clashes with Scottish champs (although I do have a clause in my RA that states the event can run without the organiser actually present...).
Fingers crossed you won't have filled up by then!

IDL

Post by IDL » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:51 pm

I've just downloaded the event info but have a question about accomodation, specifically caravans.

The info says "There is no camping for tents at the race venue as the campsite is closed. There is some space for camper vans at a cost of £15 per night. To secure a space please contact the County Park directly"

Can you tell me if caravans are included with campervans, or is this a question i need to ask the Country Park?

RobK

Post by RobK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi there. I am pretty sure caravans are okay. They have closed the field for tents but there is still hard standing available. However please contact the County Park directly to be 100% and we don't advise anyone just turning up with a camper van or caravan without booking with the Country Park first. Contact details for the Park are in the event info.

many thanks

Rob