Symonds Yat Sunday cancelled

Discuss past and future events
Alison

Symonds Yat Sunday cancelled

Post by Alison » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:56 am

For those of you who may not be aware we have cancelled Sunday's race at Symonds Yat due to the high water levels. You will automatically receive a refund for Sunday's race.

Thank-you for entering and sorry we were not able to provide two full days of racing

Alison Longhurst
Cheltenham Canoe Club

davebrads

Re: Symonds Yat Sunday cancelled

Post by davebrads » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:30 pm

I'm sure I speak for most paddlers when I thank you and your team for putting the effort in to running this great race. It must be highly frustrating for you and for Wyedean that so many races have been cancelled, but we know that it is unavoidable, and down to some serious bad luck with the weather.

We had a great time on Saturday morning, even though the results were somewhat of a lottery, and we'll certainly be back next year.

James Hastings

Post by James Hastings » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Absolutely agree Dave. We will continue to support the Symonds Yat slalom by coming along for as long as you're prepared to run them Alison - despite my absolutely appalling performance in the one run we were able to get in on Saturday!

Cheers,
James

Mike Mitchell

Post by Mike Mitchell » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Thats 4 Symond Yats on the trot that have been washed out.

Next Years provisional calender has it on 25th-26th April.
Can it Rain or Snow then?

We will probably get flooded out with Holiday makers in there Open Canoes, but they all add to the fun.

Malcolm Pearcey

Post by Malcolm Pearcey » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Just want to add my thanks .
It was my first slalom other than the reunion event in 46 years . Although dissapointed with my performance I came off buzzing and enthused to carry on. Was a real shame to not get a second crack at course but fully understand and accept the reasons for cancelling. Will most certainly be back and hope to see some of you folks at the Dart next week
Malcolm