I need a better boat.. - please help

Stuff wanted
flowfree_lowri

Post by flowfree_lowri » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:55 am

Hi Guys

I am after a slalom boat. I'm racing Div 1 so want a decent spec, but also don't wanna spend a fortune, max about £700.

Here's my stats:
68kg
5'6" tall
33" inside leg, 36" to hip joint
Size 6.5 feet

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've been told a Logik should be good for me (if not cut down), what else might be good? Has anyone got anything appropriate for sale?

Cheers

Lowri

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Lowri,

As with playboats etc you really need to give them a try to see which one suits you.

I paddle a Vajda sting (which I opted for haivng tried a lot of other boats) and really like it. There are lots of them out there as they were very popular (though now superceded with a new model). You are more than welcome to give it a try if you like, though I think you will probably need a medium and mine is a small. Even though I am out of action I will be timing at most Div 1 events so if you want to try let me know in advance and I will bring it along.

Baldock Canoe Club has a Galasport Torro and a Toretto which will be at the HPP Div 3/4 (same weekend as the Div 1/ Pan Celtic) if you would like to give them a try.

Hope at least that may help you narrow down your search!

Michelle

automart

Post by automart » Sun May 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Lowri, Callum in Mold canoe club has a T Bomb for sale , think he will be at Nottingham this weekend for the div 1.Sure you'd be welcome to try it.

Rob Holdway

Post by Rob Holdway » Fri May 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Lowri,

I have a Nomad Nutron for sale.

It's about a year and a half old, in good condition (solid hull, no breaks, usual scratches) and the full carbon spec.

I'm 75kg and paddled it internationally and in Prem. I've changed boats because I was getting a bit swamped on bigger volume water. Therefore, I'd suggest that it would be a good weight for you.

I'm after £700 for it and could probably get it to most slaloms/ paddling venues.

Rob