Liana

Place to chat about stuff OTHER than slalom
Ray

Post by Ray » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:05 am

Some of you may be aware that Liana Jury and her fiance, Hal, were involved in an accident in September in which, tragically, Hal died.

Though Liana herself was seriously injured, she is fighting hard to recover from her injuries and hopes to be doing weight bearing exercise on at least one leg next week.

The support Liana is receiving from many quarters is helping her with her recovery. I am starting this thread as I am sure many people would like to add their best wishes.

ratty

Post by ratty » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:10 am

We had only said the other day that we hadn't seen or heard about Liana all season.

So sorry to hear about her accident and we wish her well in her recovery and hope that we will see her back before too long - cheering Liana on was so much a part of race weekends.

SarahC

Post by SarahC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:09 pm

I am shocked to hear this news. I used to know liana well and she is quite possibly one of the nicest people i have known... I will never forget how on every run she did she would smile all the way down the course!
I wish her all the best on a good recovery
xXx Sarah xXx

Vicky

Post by Vicky » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:36 pm

I was very sorry to hear about the accident. It's good to hear that recovery exercises are on the agenda and I wish Liana all the best with this. hope to see her sparkling personality back on the river bank in the future!
Vicky x

Alice

Post by Alice » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:43 am

Its such terrible news and so sad that it happened to such a nice person, Liana has always been great bringing new kids up through the divisions and i had so much fun paddling with her when I was younger. I wish her the speediest of recoveries and hope to see her again soon.
Alice x

ElaineF

Post by ElaineF » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Liana,

Our thoughts are with you and we wish you a speedy recovery and hope to you'll soon be back brightening up the river bank.

Best Wishes,
The Franklins.

Frances

Post by Frances » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:38 pm

Hi Liana
Glad to hear you are making progress. Ciaran and Roisin wanted to say they are thinking of you and really hoping to see you around the river before too long best wishes from everyone

ratty

Post by ratty » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:38 am

Liana

Thinking of you especially this Christmas. Do hope that the recovery is progressing well and trusting that we will see you back on the river next season.

Ratty