Does English Slalom need an identity?

The place to discuss slalom development issues specific to England
briman

Post by briman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Great idea. It always looks impressive to see the ENG oval on the front of a competing boat. I remember the days of the ECST and i think that having a unique identity is definitely something to be proud of. At the commonwealth games thinking of the cyclists skinsuits, they incorporate the St Georges flag as the main part of their design, just slightly offset if my memory serves me right.
How about combining Marks and CP's Designs to produce a slightly offset (or not) flag, with England Canoe Slalom in the top left (or right) segment?
Bri

katonas

Post by katonas » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 pm

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:27 am

Can you try the bottom one with paddle shapes rather than dotted lines/ poles coming out to the sides? Might work but I am terrible at visualising things like that!

katonas

Post by katonas » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 am

My paddle attempt looks awful compared to CP's so its probably best to imagine. I can't draw freehand with a mouse. The poles are too thin but word doesn't let you draw thicker lines.

G_Man

Post by G_Man » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Here's an attempt at a fancy version of the one above. Thought logos looked better than text.

Graham

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks Graham,

Personally I think we are getting pretty close now but I know there are one or two that don't like the use of the BCU image which was why I had just used the Canoe England text instead - this could be reduced in size to produce the same effect as an image I presume.

Is there any slalom going on at Warwick University? I know you do quite a bit of polo.

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

G_Man

Post by G_Man » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Hello Mark,

I'm the only one doing slalom at Warwick at the moment, but I'm working on the others. I sold my old boat to one student who's pretty keen to start slalom and I drove a few people down to Harefield to have a go, so hopefully there'll soon be a few more.

Graham