England ACM - Not to be confused with the UK ACM

The place to discuss slalom development issues specific to England
Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Please find below details for the England ACM to be held after the Saturday prem race at the Serpents Tail. I will be standing down as chairperson at this ACM and so I invite interested parties to consider standing for this role. If interested I can be contacted - see the yearbook for details.

Canoe England Slalom Committee

3rd Annual Consultative Meeting
Saturday 23rd October 2010

Denbigh Suite, The Hand Hotel, Llangollen

Meeting will start after course change on the Saturday (as soon after 5pm as possible)

Agenda

a. To receive and approve the previous ACM minutes, reports from the committee, and summary statement of accounts.
b. To elect the Chairperson/Treasurer and general members of the Canoe England Slalom Committee.
c. Discussion on funding changes and potential impact on how Canoe Slalom is managed in the UK.
d. Round robin discussion on what we are doing well in England and what we could improve in the future.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Slow_n_dirty

Post by Slow_n_dirty » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 am

Mark, why is the "ENGLAND" ACM being held in Wales? Surely this sort of meeting should be held in Centrally in England so that paddlers from all corners of England easily attend? Not just a few Elite paddlers that happened to be in Wales for a race. Just a thought! Maybe it should be held at Interclubs where you'd get a good attendance, and broader cross-section of the paddling community.

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:21 am

Traditionally it had been held then so I think that is why it continued. Two years ago discussions to form a committee left only that time of year to squash in a meeting and end of season races were both at Llangollen - P/1 weekend has more paddlers - better a meeting than none.

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:28 pm

The ACM tends to end up in October because most people are away during the Summer hols and so aren't around to plan and organise an ACM any sooner. October is also a very busy month for races and so it tends to end up being a bit of a lottery as to where the meeting is held - but Llangollen tends to be a favourite

I'll let whoever takes over as chairperson after me worry about where and when the meeting is held next year

BR

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

ElaineF

Post by ElaineF » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Having not been at the meeting I was wondering how it went? Is there any update from it?