2/3 Veterans rankings

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
ringorayner

Re: 2/3 Veterans rankings

Post by ringorayner » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm

OK, I understand now, but I'm still not convinced it's entirely fair (though I guess that's only because Pete's leap-frogged me in the ranking and I'm tasting sour grapes perhaps??!!). BTW it's not that I was 'good once' - I'm only just getting 'almost-good now' - still on the way up, I hope...

Anyway, I'm reverting to 'mainstream' Div 2 next season (now that my daughter's been promoted too) so I shan't get too excited about the Vet system...until I rejoin when I reach the stage where I'm on my way back down - perhaps sooner than I'd like?! :)

Happy Paddling to you all next year!

Flipper

Post by Flipper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 pm

All my retro kit was handed to me by an ex-paddler. Yes ther was a cag thing but no way would it keep any water out :D

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Agree with your 1460 Pete, missed your 27th at Yalding.

Still haven't heard from the ranking officer so will have to wait for the official results.

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm

My strictly unofficial rankings now read:

MEN
1 Terry Griffiths 3489 points
2 Davie Quinn 3484 points
3 Dave Radmore 3362 points
4 Pete Bedingfield 1460 points
5 Roy Garriock 1244 points
6 Steve Linkstead 927 points
7 Steve Raynor 820 points
8 Paul French 643 points
9 Danny Dalrymple 233 points
10 D Wells 67 points
11 Roger Wisdom 43 points

Women
1 Nia Chappel 525 points

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 pm

I now have the official listing from the ranking officer. As above, except Dave Siegel is at number 7 with 875 points. Steve Raynor onwards move down one position.

My list was compiled from results published on this site, Dave Siegel was not even on my radar. Sorry Steve.

For reasons I don't understand, it looks like Nia will actually have bib number 3 next season.

slink

Post by slink » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

But my name still doesn't have an "A" in it :twisted:
And I see Roy has listed himself in P/1 for 2013, so I guess we all go up a bib (down a number...I know what I think I mean!)
Steve Linksted

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm

If you are a Vet can you just chose which division you want to be in or does it have to relate to your division before opting out of the divisional system? Also, can you declare vet in one category but not in the others?

I see from above one Div 2 has lited themselves in P/1 next year... So was wondering how that works...

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

You chooose the categories you want to be vet in
B5.1 Eligibility
A Competitor whose 35th birthday is on or before the 31st December in the year in question may elect to become a Veteran in any class, but not necessarily in all the classes they compete in. For example, a Competitor ranked in K1 Men and C1 Men may elect to become a K1 Men Veteran but remain as a Master in C1 Men (See Rule B2.4 for Masters).
Normally the division you were in before
B5.1.1. Any such Competitor must first declare to the Veteran Ranking Compiler his/her date of birth, the highest division reached in the categories concerned and the year in which this was achieved, and current divisional status (if any).
Normally the competitor will be ranked in the Veterans division that corresponds with their previous divisional ranking, however they may apply to the ranking status officer to be placed in an alternative Veterans division. In order to be ranked in Premier/1 the competitor will have at some time been ranked in Division 1.
Promote from 2 to 3 when you get the points. promotion from 2 to P/1 when you get the points and ASK. No auto promotion from 2 to 1 (allows Terry to keep paddling!)
No demotion though - so even as you get older and slower you stay in div 2 (or prem/1) Perhaps we shoudl consider offering p/1 demotion on demand and revieiwing div 2 vets and demoting (the only affect is tehre are more places they can get points!
B5.2 Promotion
Promotion is achieved as follows:
B5.2.1. Division 3 to Division 2
Where a Division 3 registered Veteran Competitor or crew achieves a points total which would have gained promotion (either in season or at the end of season) in the corresponding divisional class, they may apply for re-ranking to the Division 2 Veterans Class.
B5.2.2. Division 2 to Division P/1
Where a Division 2 registered Veteran Competitor or crew achieves a points total which would have gained promotion (either in season or at the end of season) in the corresponding divisional class, they may apply for re-ranking to the Premier/Division1 Veterans Class.
BUT Munchkin you have to be old to be a vet, you (being a lady with no kids) are surely just 25?
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Oooh... Looking at the rules it appears that I may not have to sell my C1 yet. I can apply to be in P/1 in the C1 as I have been ranked in that division previously... it all comes down to what Mr Woods says...

Decisions decisions...

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Canadian Paddler wrote: BUT Munchkin you have to be old to be a vet, you (being a lady with no kids) are surely just 25?
That may be what the girls in my division think but sadly I will be a vet sometime soon...

May even make it to the World Vet Champs next year... Fancy entering the mixed C2???