Officials Ranking List / Trophy

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
harratts

Officials Ranking List / Trophy

Post by harratts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 am

Hi all.

Does anyone know if the Officials Ranking List is going to be updated to include events that have taken place after lockdown restrictions were eased and we were allowed to race again?

I know that Amanda Woodgate has done so in previous years but am not sure if she is still the person with this responsibility or not.

As the Trophy was replaced not that long ago it would be a shame if race support given by Officials was not going to be recognised within the end of season awards nights any more.

Just asking for a friend.
Steve

Canadian Paddler

Re: Officials Ranking List / Trophy

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 am

I mentioned your post to Amanda and got a stressed
I know, I haven't had time
She has recently taken on a new role at work and is sorting out the mess she inherited there but will get to this.
We will try to sort something out between us.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

harratts

Post by harratts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Thanks Colin.

I did not mean to cause Amanda (or you indirectly) any stress but just wondered if someone was looking at the situation or if it was another thing that had been overlooked due to covid.

She take take it out on me directly at the Tees event this coming weekend if you are planning to be there.

Steve

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 pm

harratts wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 pm

She take take it out on me directly at the Tees event this coming weekend if you are planning to be there.

Steve
That is one of the events listed for George to hand the trophy back? :D
(I assume it is him, past officials results don't seem to be available, but he does always seem to win it)

harratts

Post by harratts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi Jim.

George has won it before on a couple of occasions but is not the current holder of the Trophy.

I think he is too far away this year to be in with a shout again too.

See you again soon.
Steve

harratts

Post by harratts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm

harratts wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 pm
Thanks Colin.

I did not mean to cause Amanda (or you indirectly) any stress but just wondered if someone was looking at the situation or if it was another thing that had been overlooked due to covid.

She can take it out on me directly at the Tees event this coming weekend if you are planning to be there.

Steve

lesf

Post by lesf » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Unfortunately the current holder of the trophy has stupidly forgotten to pack it to bring to Tees this weekend, I remember everything I need to run the event though.