Tutti carry bag - lost and found

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Nicky

Post by Nicky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 am

Hi all

at the abbey event last year the above carry bag went walk about. It was last seen leaving the site with a member of the timing team, but since then no one has seen it.

I've been expecting to receive photographs or postcards from it in a garden gnome style, but still not heard anything.

Has anyone got a bag sat at the back of their garage gathering dust that the tutti belongs in? Safe return would be much appreciated.

Nicky

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 am

What's a Tutti? When I was a boy ( many,many,many years ago) I had Tutti Fruity Ice cream. But I guess if the bag held ice cream it would have melted by now and probably would not be worth rescuing from the back of any garage, it might even have grown legs and walked off all on its own, in which case it might just be anywhere. Did it contain a passport?

Of course if I have misunderstood, it might just be a disgruntled bag!!

Bus Driver

Post by Bus Driver » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:52 am

Nicky,
Just for the sake of splitting hairs, your statement "It was last seen leaving the site with a member of the timing team, but since then no one has seen it" Should, I believe, say that it was last seen by James Tonks being put into a van by a person approx 5'6" with greying hair, who he believed to be a member of the timing team. I have spoken to all of the team members who attended that event, reguardless of the description, and no one from my team who was at that event knows anything about the bag.
Steve Bright

PS Should anyone have any knowledge of the bag in question, please let us have it back as we will have to have one made and I dont think it will be cheap.....

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 pm

kendall chew wrote:I had Tutti Fruity Ice cream. Did it contain a passport?
I'd promised myself. as a New Year resolution, that I wouldn't weigh in here this year with inane drivel. What can I say I'm weak.

I recall comment that it had gone walkabout with a member of the timing team.
Now as far as I know, that could mean that the bag in question is currently undergoing an aboriginal rite of passage in the outback. Perhaps the bag is somewhere in Queensland, I think I saw it on the news earlier swimming up the high street.
I believe that Walkabouts can last many months too.
Perhaps a member of the timing team has snuck off for a belated rite of passage! This is where the passport comes in undoubtedly.

Who can blame them, if the come across the lovely Jenny Agutter in that film. It took up a lot of my formative years.

I also remember Little Richard singing Tutti Fruitti - A-wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-lop-bop-bop. A classic song about ice-cream in a bag.

What more could you expect from someone called Tiny Dick

I know a few disgruntled bags

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Woo hoo can't have been me then, I am only 5ft 4 :-)

No comments about greying hair...

Perhaps we should have a timing team ID parade?!? :D

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Number 3 step forward. What if you got wrongly picked, it could ruin your reputation.

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:59 pm

that it was last seen by James Tonks being put into a van by a person approx 5'6" with greying hair, who he believed to be a member of the timing team.

I'm guessing it is equally possible that it was indeed a member of the timing team but the identity of the bag was mistaken and it was not really the tutti bag.

How about an identity parade of all bags (sorry - whatever Fup Duck has must be catching)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Aargh!! What is a Tutti bag?

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm

It's a bag that holds the Tutti timing equipment used at races :)

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Sorry to be sensible, but kendall has asked twice, and almost nicely. :D

TUTTI is the set of clocks and patch panel (well a box to plug in all the wires and headsets) used for most slaloms. Although div 1/prem does not use the clocks, or the 'hub' just the associted long lengths of wire.
The Tutti bag is a padded bag, tailor made to protect the suitcase sized clocks and patch panel. Notamlly black and (from memory- so wrong) about 2ft 6 by 2ft by 8 inches, with buckled straps and carrying handles.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

kendall chew

Post by kendall chew » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Aha, Eureka!

How many should there be in circulation and, how many are there in peoples garages - can they all be accounted for, albeit in the wrong places?

Personally, I prefer the ice cream carrier idea myself.

Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:00 pm

All the others are in my garage with contents, plus I have the one minus it's bag!! all awaiting winter servicing!

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:47 am

May only be understood by a very few.....

If the bag has gone does that now make it a SCATTIE bag? :D

I'll close the door on the way out....

Fup Duck

Post by Fup Duck » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Dee wrote:(sorry - whatever Fup Duck has must be catching)
Penicillin normally sorts me out. It's a bit itchy before it kicks in though

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Seedy you should be ashamed

Confusing folk like that :D

Keep that door closed :D