Olympic tickets

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
boatmum

Post by boatmum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Well you can still get some tickets from Thomas Cook ?? ???
http://www.thomascooklondon2012.com/eve ... ar?day=210

But the prices are pretty eye watering - hey you can go to the
Opening Ceremony
Handball - Women's Preliminaries
Badminton - Men & Women & Mixed Singles/Doubles Group Play
Equestrian - Eventing - Individual & Team Dressage Day 2
Hockey - Women's Preliminaries
4 NightsThe Waldorf Hilton

for the bargain price of £6,999.00!
:D

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Neil H wrote:
GreenPeter wrote:No tickets for us.

But we only live an hour and 20 minutes form the course.
So in the true spirit of Olympic profiteering we will happily evict our rabbits from their hutch for the duration and rent out this bijou accomodation, comes with outside tap, but bring your own sawdust & straw.

Sounds like an the pubs when I was a lad - spit and sawdust

It's a bit like finding hares in your bed and wondering if your hareline is receeding. I've never had rabbits in my bed though. Chinchillas are alright though they never appear to get a headache but you do need ducktape

The general might be best to comment on rabbits abodes
What do you call someone with a hundred rabbits up their nose? (question moderated as I am aware this is read by people with a cleaner mind than fup duck)

Answers on a postcard please.

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 am

Who let you out of muppet territory!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 pm

There is no need to get like that just because you do not know the answer.:D

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 am

We have some tickets for something - money gone out today. Don't know what though as we ordered some tickets in price ranges and I can't remember what prices the various tickets were.

Still not impressed by the process though
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:20 pm

I still keep checking my account to see, nothing yet though.
Definatly not impressed by the process. Seems to have favoured people who have lots of money who could order thousands of pounds of tickets in the hope of getting something. Not people like us who could only try for one set of tickets.
Very poor.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Though those I know who have got tickets have only applied for one or two events! I know people with football, tennis and paddling tickets so far... None of them are rich!!!

I really think it was random and in many ways I hope the process stops the touts as anytime I have tried to get "first come first served" tickets I have seen them appear on eBay whilst I am still in the phone queue :-(

I think the process of taking money first is very flawed though...

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Hmmm I think letting corporates have large blocks of tickets to then sell on is also flawed!!

I would bet money that this process won't stop the touts

I am particularly unimpressed that some GB Olympic competitors are having to get tickets for their families from Germany

We must be a laughing stock overseas

AndrewG

Post by AndrewG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Money gone out of account.
Definitely got 4 tickets.
But cannot tell whether its 2 for slalom + 2 for badminton or 4 for athletics - so none the wiser yet.

Flyhigh3

Post by Flyhigh3 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:20 am

[quote="AndrewG"][/quote]
Same.
Seem to have tickets for something, but not yet sure if slalom or judo!

alldaypaddler

Post by alldaypaddler » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 am

No tickets :(

But I'll happily fit myself in someone's bag?!
Annoying as I live about 45 mins from the course. Will keep my eyes glued to the TV instead.

Phil Stevo

Post by Phil Stevo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

Looks like we've missed out. Just tried the German website but only Badmington, Weightlifting and Wrestling left.

I really think it is a scandel that people that have been committed to a particular sport for years will be missing out on seeing their event in their own country. We only applied for slalom as we thought this would increase our chances.

If it had been first come first served those who really wanted to see a particular event would have made the effort (however it was organised) to ensure they got them.

The cynic in me wonders if this system is being contolled by Visa to ensure the maximum money is processed through their monopoly on the payment system?

No doubt we will be offered the higher priced tickets now, (that I understand will be in the same seats as the cheaper ones as there is no seating allocation - which is a sure way to give a Yorkshireman a heart attack) or will be desperately seeking a tout!

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:26 pm

The cynic in me wonders if this system is being contolled by Visa to ensure the maximum money is processed through their monopoly on the payment system?

Yep I think you're spot on! I wonder how many tickets blocks they were allocated ???

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:32 pm

If it had been first come first served those who really wanted to see a particular event would have made the effort (however it was organised) to ensure they got them.

Not sure this is true as systems would have just ended up jammed.

I would have like to have seen a cap on the number of sessions anyone could apply for to say 2 or 3 sessions. This would have given everyone a fairer chance of getting one session.

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm just glad we don't live in a country where a landmark event can be turned into a laughing stock by the organising committee. W