Slalom returns - what on earth?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Phil Stevo

Post by Phil Stevo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:41 pm

You think you had it tough?

Back in t'olden days when there were 200+ entants the start list had to be typed up on t'clunk-writer then duplicated out on t'old hand wound Roneo machine then stuffed in t'envelopes to be posted out (this is why we still have the 2 week rule for entries). Then the same had to be done wi t'results working out t'averages without the not yet invented calulator.

Aye - and had to dig t'pits for t'toilet tents as well.

Happy days!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Modified averages - ah those were the days!! ;-)

Try explaining them to t'yoof of 2day and they would not believe it. And all without a computer!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 am

2 weeks in advance! You are having a laugh!

I really hope that people at Teesside are early to sort out all of the queries for the race this weekend, If anyone has printed out their start list ready for the weekend, I'd take a look at the one that is published tomorrow. There are one or two new additions!

carealto

Post by carealto » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:30 am

And what do you do with entry cards for teams? Entry cards go to the divisional compilers, but I don't see anyone listed for teams.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 am

As teams are non-ranking my understanding is that they can be filed in the B.I.N.

slink

Post by slink » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 am

As teams are non-ranking my understanding is that they can be filed in the B.I.N.

I hope so :O