Commite Minutes - Clarification re risk assessment

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
djberriman

Post by djberriman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Could some one explain what this means from the latest minutes as its not clear to me!

5.1 Risk Assessment
If a risk assessment is not provided with the slalom managed calendar 2012 year book return, the
event will be removed from the calendar.
The risk assessment supplied to the Jury Chair, should include the dynamic, on the day, assessment.
A note will be sent to Jury Chair’s explaining the new requirement, and reminding them of current
good practice.

I'm aware we have to give one to the Jury Chair next year but I'm a little confused as to the terminology above.

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 am

Here is the text from the 2010 ACM -
A panel will be established to review and advise on Risk Assessments for events. Initially this will be headed by Peter Curry, other volunteers will be sought. During 2011 all clubs will be encouraged to submit risk assessments for review. An application for an event in 2012 must be accompanied by a risk assessment reviewed less than a year earlier.
A suitable change to the rules to reflect this requirement will be added to the 2012 rules.

This was extended at the 2011 ACM to include the requirement to hand over a risk assessment to the jury chair on the day of the event.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 pm

It means
1) that if you do not provide a risk assessment with the 2012 application, your event will be removed from the calendar. As per the "MUST BE ACCOMPANIED" in 2010 ACM
2) You must supply a copy of the risk assessment to the jury chair on the day. The Guidelines, and common sense say that as well as teh systemic risks you should view your site at the event and assess any new risks, such as it has been raining hard, the slopes are now slippery, what is the additional risk, what should we do differntly? (The Dynamic risk assessment)

Feel free to PM/email questions rather than hoping someone looks at these pages. :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points