Swapping catergories

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Neil H

Swapping catergories

Post by Neil H » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Anybody know if there is a universal approach on the following. If a paddler gets an entry in on time for a double race and gains promotion on day one. Is there a process by which they can swap there entry to a different category on day two. Presumably a refund would be applicable for day one but an additional fee would be required for day two. I believe I have seen this happen but wondered if it just comes down to organisers discretion. I don't se eit would create any work and would give the organiser more cash

PeterC

Re: Swapping catergories

Post by PeterC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't think there is consistency. I charged half the difference between the two double fees. I suppose there would be an argument for two single fees as that is what the levies that have to be paid are based on and I have had to pay the extra.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 pm

We do the same, and that is what I suggested to an organiser that asked. But also told him ethat this would cost the club as they pay two single levies, even if they do split the difference.

Worth of to encourage and congratulate the paddle IMHO

CP
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm

I recently got a refund to make the day one a single (although no money changed hands) then I paid the diff for a single on the second day in the other category,

I think it encourages participation too but believe it would be good if consistent across the board.

I'd like to fire this out there to try and encourage cross discipline where people may not want to enter three classes due to cost.

A paddler enters their main boat in a double and then places another entry for the double but is allowed one run on each day in two other boats i.e. C1 and C2. Same amount of runs, same amount of revenue, more paddlers trying other classes.............fire away!

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Neil you are making my brain hurt! Agree same number of runs but because different classes would attract single run levies so no revenue would be different for the organiser.

The levy system makes the two singles the logical perhaps and I think it would be inappropriate to require organisers to pay the extra for you, encourage them yes though.

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:49 pm

[quote="PeterC"]Neil you are making my brain hurt! quote]

It's a long practiced speciality of mine

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:13 am

Neil H wrote:....A paddler enters their main boat in a double and then places another entry for the double but is allowed one run on each day in two other boats i.e. C1 and C2. Same amount of runs, same amount of revenue, more paddlers trying other classes.............fire away!
I challenge you to create the start list for the next Sheppy Div 1 with this rule in place (come to think of it, last I heard they were still looking for an organiser for next year :lol: )
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!