6.16 Financial Support 75/25

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

6.16 Financial Support 75/25

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:51 am

Where an event makes a loss, there used to be provision within the rules for a club to make an application to the slalom committee for financial assistance after the event accounts are completed. This seems to have been lost in the various re-workings of the rules, and is now referenced in various places for specific cases. Note this is different to water subsidy (D2.5 page 91), which is paid in advance. Reinstate the rule and refer to it where appropriate.
Page 91
D2.3 Financial
D2.3.1 Organisers must keep an account of monies received and disbursed in connection with a ranking event and may be required to provide a statement of accounts to the Slalom Committee.
D2.3.2 If the accounts for an event show a deficit, the organising group may make application to the Slalom Committee may consider giving limited financial assistance to offset costs necessarily incurred.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

PeterC

Re: 6.16 Financial Support 75/25

Post by PeterC » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:01 pm

The English in d2.3.2 while I think conveying the intent is particularly poor grammar.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:32 pm

D2.3.2 If the accounts for an event show a deficit, the organising group may make an application to the Slalom Committee who may consider giving limited financial assistance to offset costs necessarily incurred
Is what the motion actually says now.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 pm

passed