Vajda Matrix v Galaxy

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Terryg

Vajda Matrix v Galaxy

Post by Terryg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Anyone paddled both the Matrix and Galaxy extensively? how do they compare? what are the strengths and weaknesses of each boat?

Terryg

Re: Vajda Matrix v Galaxy

Post by Terryg » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:44 pm

B

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:21 pm

So to answer my own question. I hear that the Matrix is faster between the gates, and the Galaxy is faster round the gates.
Sounds like the new Copa is the best of both worlds.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Hydrasports

Post by Hydrasports » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi Terry,

You're on the right lines with the differences between the two boats. The galaxy has come from the Kapsl line of boat shape so is designed to turn super fast and is good for people who like to dip the tail and fix gates. The Matrix is a easier boat to jump in and paddle straight away as it is less taily. It still turns fast and has a great straight line speed.

The Copa is an exciting new development for Vajda, they've really cut away the volume on the tail and shaped it to give it super fast turning speed but also acceleration out of the gates. It's been designed by Sebastian Schubert and Hannes Aigner, two German paddlers who are new to the Vajda team.
We've got a few people paddling the Copa now and I think they have all found it very different to previous
Vajda models but a lot faster once they get used to it.

We've got test boats of the small and the large Copa and a medium on order with Vajda and we still have the Galaxy test boats for this season. If you want to try any out just get in touch, we're at the Stone Mini this weekend
Sales@hydrasports.co.uk
www.hydrasports.co.uk
Twitter @hydrasportsuk
Facebook.com/hydrasportsuk

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks Steve. Will have to try and get into your demo boats sometime.