6.1 ICF Rule Changes

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

6.1 ICF Rule Changes

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:38 pm

The ICF have proposed a number of rule changes this year. It is proposed that those not relating just to level 1, 2 and 3 internationals should be adopted into the UK rules.
The committee is to examine any further changes introduced at the recent board meeting and adopt using the above criteria.

Text of the ICF rules can be sent if you pm me for them, I cannot face another set of html pasting
To be adopted
  • All gates to have two poles, no single pole gates
  • The ability to go back and correct upside down or half head penalties. i.e. if you get a fifty for half head you can go back and renegotiate and get rid of the half head.
  • standardising wording as phase for heat 1, heat 2, semi final, final
Not to be adopted
  • direct progression from heat 1 to semi final, result based on heat 2 f you do not make the semi final
  • Enquiries (protests) must be put in with 5 minutes of the competitors result being posted (not end of class individual result)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dave Royle

Re: 6.1 ICF Rule Changes

Post by Dave Royle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:07 pm

After a discussion at the Stafford and Stone Committee meeting, we would like to be able to propose an amendment to this motion to allow us to adopt the semi qualification rule for the Paul McConkey Slalom if we wish. Certainly, it would take a little pressure off the Saturday event if we continue to have semis on the Saturday as this year. It would allow us to have a more reasonable time between demos and Semi final runs.

We took the decision, many years ago, to run this prestigious race as per International format and may wish to continue to do so by including the new qualification proposal.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 pm

There has been some debate and questions for clarification so this will not be handled under the 75/25 procedure.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Passed with one change, the ability to progress direct from heat 1 to final:

C14.1A national Canoe Slalom competition consists of 2 runs. The lesser score of the two runs will determine the results of the heats or the results of the competition where no semi-finals or finals event is conducted. The start order of the semi-final will be the reverse order of the results of the heats. The start order of the final run will be in the reverse of the result of the semi-final run. Organisers can use different competition formats. The competition format can consist of one heats run and one final run or two heats run, semi- final and final. Progression numbers from each heat must be published by the organiser

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:23 pm

PS for the avoidance ef doubt, where an ICF rule change is not accepted, the existing UK rule remains

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:28 am

Can C2s correct split gates too?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes :D ICF had forgotten this option until someone reminded them, guess who? :wink:

When I can get teh final changes agreed at the September ICF board I will put together a summary sheet / presentation to try to explain the changes to everyone.

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:44 pm

:lol:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!