HPP Car Parking

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
whiteyak

HPP Car Parking

Post by whiteyak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:35 am

As of the 1st August, we're going to have to pay for parking at HPP. It's gonna be £2 per car between the hours of 09:30 and 17:00. 'Members', who I assume to be season pass holders, will not have to pay provided that they have proof of membership (I.e. A membership card). The charges will only apply during school holidays (but it doesn't state who's), weekends, and bank holidays!

If you're there a fair bit but still not enough to warrant a season pass, the centre are offering an annual pass for £30.

Thought I'd try and give everyone a heads up rather than having a charge sprung on them on the day!
Don't forget your change!

pcm

Re: HPP Car Parking

Post by pcm » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks for the info.

It's a shame but I guess expected, now that it's owned by serco that they'd start trying to squeeze money out of every conceivable opportunity. Also as they've banned WWR from training there for unnamed health&safety concerns...

Hopefully it means they'll install proper CCTV though if we're paying for the car park, instead of it only covering 2 spaces like it does now!

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 pm

From what I got told last night WWR has been banned as a play boater got hit.

pcm

Post by pcm » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Thank you djberriman, wondering how you came by this because it was very hard to find out what is going on, HPP don't seem to like corresponding with the WWR community.

However that is confusing as WWR were only allowed to paddle when they had booked the course exclusively, so there would be no one to hit.

whiteyak

Post by whiteyak » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:57 am

Not wanting to get completely off topic...

I've heard rumours that wwr's were not banned but restricted to the lower Dalek section whilst the politics were sorted out. Might be worth getting in contact with the management PCM?

pcm

Post by pcm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Whiteyak you are correct, but you must understand that being restricted to the daleks is the equivalent of being banned - no one goes to HPP for the daleks!