postage

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
jim croft

postage

Post by jim croft » Fri May 13, 2016 10:45 am

Please note the postal rates on Nick's web site re Bib postage pricing are wrong . if you would like a copy of the correct postage rates send an email to:-
jim.croft@ntlworld.com
:shock: Regards Jim

Dee

Re: postage

Post by Dee » Fri May 13, 2016 11:04 am

Royal Mail states large letter up to 250g is £1.27 (1st class) or £1.20 (2nd class). Discrepancy so small that it almost leaves you wondering why they bother with alternatives.

Great shame that we can't do online delivery of bibs. There's a future challenge (or perhaps futuristic is the word) when we all have 3D printers maybe!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Dee wrote:There's a future challenge (or perhaps futuristic is the word) when we all have 3D printers maybe!
They'll be made of liquid paper and you'll just dial up the colour & number.
Oh, and there'll be an on-line connection to check your membership status.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Sat May 14, 2016 9:12 am

My last post was not only Bib Postage - I have a chart of all rates from 2nd Class post to a 1kg packet - as said before if you want a copy email me :- jim.croft@ntlworld.com.
Jim

JimW

Post by JimW » Sun May 15, 2016 12:15 am

I have found it easiest, for returning bibs, to take my envelope (unsealed) to the post office and have them check size and weight and sell me the correct postage, and ask for the same on the SAE before putting it back in with the bib and sealing the main envelope. It gets me out of the office at lunch time :)

I realise that doesn't help promotees from div 4, re-instatements or directly ranked competitors.