Llandysul Div 1 18/19 March

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Macca

Llandysul Div 1 18/19 March

Post by Macca » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm

A big well done to Llandysul paddlers for staging a well organised event at the weekend. Having Etienne Stott there was a big plus for the kids. Many new friendships forged ahead of Tully, plenty of vocal support along the banks, especially for the brave little 'uns and, despite the mud, plenty of smiles going home. Cheers and thanks again. No wonder Wales is so flipping green though.....M4 was fun in the dark and rain. :D
I used to be paranoid but now I know everyone is watching me....

djberriman

Re: Llandysul Div 1 18/19 March

Post by djberriman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 pm

A big well done, yet another fabulous event, especially considering the water went up a metre on Friday night/Sat morning. God knows what time they were up setting up the new course up on Saturday morning, yes there way delays but that was due to the changing water levels, 5 judging points and just 5 section judges, how do they do it, dedicated bunch with only 20 mins off from the start of the day to the end of the day. Good course set up Saturday night which with the expected water drop was spot on by Sunday morning and gave paddlers lots to think about. Thanks to everyone involved.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am

The answer is that two dedicated Llandysul members and one stupid Chief Judge were on the river bank at 6:30 each morning to ensure the course was set with gates as regulated as possible well before official practice. Well Done and thanks to Gareth and Jon.

The performance of the section judges was even more amazing when you think 20 mins break, how long does it take to walk up from the last section to the nearest 'comfort break' and get back there? I add my thanks to the dedicated Section judges, especially those who had no one paddling, so were there to support the sport and the paddlers.

Also thanks to Etienne, who thought he was going for a bit of a paddle, and some coaching, and stepped up to be a dedicated Assistant Chief Judge (aka Jury member).
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Mrs C P Paddler

Post by Mrs C P Paddler » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Plea to organisers.......when you do a start list please put in at least an hour for lunch to allow for late running etc ! How I didn't get indigestion I will never know. Rushing from bottom of course to top, comfort break, lunch (which had been ordered for us in advance, thank you) and back on section for restart was a challenge. Long days meant I slept very well !!! Thank you to the ladies who organised a tea run Sunday afternoon. It was gratefully received.
Having said that, it was a pleasure to judge despite the weather (that wind was biting). First time back at Dyssul in many, many years and quite enjoyed it (just don't tell my other half) :D
As Macca said the journey home was ......interesting.