C2 Slalom Entry Fees

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
harratts

C2 Slalom Entry Fees

Post by harratts » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi all,

After a very enjoyable, but quite challenging (and wet not just from the rain) weekend of C2 racing at the Llandsul double Division 1 event last weekend, I wanted to put something out there just to remind people that as part of the ACM motion passed at the end of the 2017 season it was agreed that the standard slalom entry fees would be halved / reduced by 50% / slashed into two equal parts for any C2 crew wishing to take part.

You don't even need to have applied for a Bib to race C2 at any 2019 events, although some pre demonstration of competence may be requested by the organiser at Premier / Division 1's for our own Safety.

This was all to try and encourage greater participation which seems to be working at the lower level Division races although it is still early day's in this season.

I know that me, my boys and the other crew who took part with us last weekend all found the experience very worthy of our time and effort even if it did not result in lots of ranking points being secured.

Why not see if you too could have as much FUN as we all did trying to get a big beastie boat down a slalom course or two in the coming months?

See you on a start line soon.

Now off to do some rolling practice.
Steve

Dee

Re: C2 Slalom Entry Fees

Post by Dee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Steve - just to clarify - the slashing in half does not apply to enhanced fees!

Entering online will give you the discount by the way :)

And scratch C2s can also now enter online.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Steve Agar

Post by Steve Agar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 am

Steve,
When you refer to "big beastie", are you talking boat or paddler?

Mike Mitchell

Post by Mike Mitchell » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Didn't see you go Swimming Steve.
If you had Fins on the Boat then you could have made good use of them.

Good to see some C2 s on the water at the weekend.

harratts

Post by harratts » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:58 am

Thanks Mike.

I'm having another go this weekend (with George this time) at your event which we are all hoping will be able to go ahead. It is a nice change to have too much water that too little as it makes for a better challenge.

Steve Agar you always make me smile. It was Crispin who first coined the phrase Big Beastie in regard to a C2 run so it is for you to decide if he meant boat or paddler.

See you guys again soon.
Steve

JimW

Post by JimW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

Tell George to check his FB messages, I sent a few photos of him and Rob from the weekend because they kept appearing a couple of boats before Anoushka, who blitzed her PU on Saturday and scored 568! Who says PU is impossible now? In fact, she wasn't the only one, looks like Klass scored 538 in C1 at the weekend too!